I have posted most of my favorite slow cooker recipes on my blog: http://memoirable.blogspot.com/2009/05/crockpot-recipes.html

http://memoirable.blogspot.com/2008/11/overnight-beans.html

Another favorite is Chili Con Carne. I make this on saturday, then put the crockpot on to heat through before we leave for Church on Sunday morning. We often bring company home for lunch after church and enjoy this with cornbread.

Chili con Carne

Ingredients:

 3 pounds ground beef

 3 cups chopped onions

 3 cloves garlic, crushed

 3 16-ounce cans diced tomatoes

 2 cups chopped green peppers

 4.5 cups of drained beans

 3 8-ounce cans tomato sauce

 2 tablespoons chili powder

 1.5 teaspoon dried basil, crushed

 1.5 teaspoon salt

 ¾ teaspoon black pepper

 3 cups frozen corn

In large pot, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic, till meat is browned. Drain fat. Put in crockpot with rest of ingredients except corn. Cook on low 8 hours. Add corn and cook 30 minutes more.

I make Greek food about once a month and this is a favorite: http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-greek-lemon-chicken-346061 I serve it with homemade pitas, tzatziki sauce, hummus, and spinach.

My favorite (and the family's) is simple to do, and tastes wonderful. Wrap bacon (real bacon) around chicken breasts or thighs, and place in the crock. Mix undiluted cream of chicken soup (I also do a cream of mushroom) with sour cream. The more sour cream you use, the creamier your sauce comes out. Cover the chicken with the sauce and cook for 4-6 hours, depending on the crock pot. The chicken is fall-apart good, not to mention the bacon. We serve it over rice, and the sauce makes this a creamy favorite. Not so good for the heart maybe (use low or no fat sour cream), but we love it.

I hope Mo copies and pastes the curry chicken one here! Yumm! I'm glad you started a separate thread for slow cooker recipes.

It's the only way I'm cookin lately.

Your wish is my command!

Curry Coconut Chicken

1 onion

1 can pineapple (in juice, not syrup)

1 can coconut milk

chicken thighs (or the parts of your choice)

curry powder

(optional - potato cut into 1/2" dice)

note: if the curry powder mix you're using has salt in it, don't add any extra

Cut up onion and pineapple (if you bought chunks, use as is), throw in crock pot and sprinkle with salt and curry powder. (add potatoes now)

Take the skin off the chicken (gets too greasy in the crockpot), sprinkle liberally on both sides with salt and curry powder and rub in.

Stack chicken loosely in crock pot, pour half of the remaining pineapple juice and the entire can of coconut milk over everything. Smear it all around so it's well mixed. If you want, sprinkle a little extra curry powder on top.

Cook on low - time depends on chicken. I did a family pack of thighs and it took 7 hours.

Great over white rice.

Not an exact recipe, but this is what I do....

Get a larger chicken and some red potatoes

Pat the chicken dry

Slice some cloves of garlic, make some holes in the skin, and push under the skin all around the chicken

Slice or half the potatoes depending on size, throw some garlic, rosemary, and thyme on then in the crockpot

Add a cup of water or chicken broth

Put the chicken on the potatoes and season with season salt, rosemary, and thyme

Cook on low 8-10 hours

Yum!

Here's our super-simple, go-to crock recipe: Toss some frozen chicken breasts in. Pour about 2/3 or so of a bottle of Frank's hot sauce over top. Sprinkle with a packet of dry ranch dressing mix. Set it on low. After about five hours, shred chicken with two forks, mix with sauce, and let it keep cooking (you can add a couple pats of butter if you're not shy about calories). Slop it over rice, on rolls, or eat it straight. (I put it on a roll or wrap in tortilla with some ranch dressing.)

The other one we love is a black bean "soup" that we serve, gumbo-style, over rice. I'll have to dig that recipe up. Also super-simple.

Ok, I may have seen this in the camping recipes section (not sure), but here's a really easy way to make lasagna...crock pot style!

1. Pour enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of the crock.

2. Break and lay raw lasagna noodles to fit in rows on top.

3. Mix ricotta, mozzarella, italian spices in bowl and spoon a thin layer on top. (I'm thinking for whole cheese amount, mix 1 cup each...really, whatever you usually use is fine)

4. Pour another layer of sauce.

5. Top with a spinach layer, if you want, here....or a layer of browned sausage or beef...or both!

6. Break and layer noodles again.

7. Repeat layers as high as you wish. :). I do a total of 4 or 5.

8. On the top of all layers, pour more sauce and sprinkle the last of the cheese...adding more mozzarella on top.

9. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours. (your times may vary depending on cooker, thickness)

This is a scrumptious meal! Easy to make and very moist. Just add garlic toast and wine...enjoy!'n

Your wish is my command!

Curry Coconut Chicken

1 onion

1 can pineapple (in juice, not syrup)

1 can coconut milk

chicken thighs (or the parts of your choice)

curry powder

(optional - potato cut into 1/2" dice)

note: if the curry powder mix you're using has salt in it, don't add any extra

Cut up onion and pineapple (if you bought chunks, use as is), throw in crock pot and sprinkle with salt and curry powder. (add potatoes now)

Take the skin off the chicken (gets too greasy in the crockpot), sprinkle liberally on both sides with salt and curry powder and rub in.

Stack chicken loosely in crock pot, pour half of the remaining pineapple juice and the entire can of coconut milk over everything. Smear it all around so it's well mixed. If you want, sprinkle a little extra curry powder on top.

Cook on low - time depends on chicken. I did a family pack of thighs and it took 7 hours.

Great over white rice.

What kind of curry powder and how much? Sounds yummy.

Mo may have an amount from her recipe, but I just bought Spice Island's curry powder. (it was the only one the store had). I added about a tablespoon to the crock while it cooked and a few more "shakes" to taste as it cooked.

I was winging it and didn't measure. :)

I have a jamaican curry powder mixture (can't remember where I got it) and I liberally sprinkled the chicken on both sides, patting it in.

Then once I had the chicken in the crock pot and had poured the coconut milk in, I sprinkled a little more on top - maybe1-2 TBS.

If you're not a huge curry person, I'd take it easy the first time around.

Also be sure to check if the curry spice you're using already has salt in it. If it doesn't, don't salt it again, but if it does, be sure to salt well.

What???? Say that again....
  • 2 weeks later...

The simplest crockpot recipe of all. Pot Roast

A piece of meat, rump roast, or anything you may have on hand.

Add some water.

Cut up some taters, or add small new potatoes

Add carrots

Add onion

Add mushrooms

Add celery if you have some

Look through your spice cabinet and dump anything you desire in there. Examples black pepper, oregano, garlic, salt, parsley, pretty much any of the "green" spices.

Let simmer on low for 8 to 12 hours, YUM!!!!

this can be done with chicken breast or pork chops I use pork chops since im allergic to chicken..

salsa

2-4 chicken breast or pork chops

taco seasoning packet

cream of mushroom soup

i also use the philly cream cheese santa fe new cooking creme stuff

dump it all in the crock pot put on low

eat over rice or mashed potatoes mexican shredded cheese and sour cream as desired