Hoop De Doo Refurbishment

I tried to find the rumor thread that was posted the other day about this but couldn't locate it. This is per the 3/15/12 MouseSavers newsletter under the refurbishment section:

Hoop De Doo Review closed 8/5/12 - 12/31/12 for refurbishment.

Say what?? What kind of refurbishment could possibly take 5 months to complete? I'm not sure I believe this. I hope the closing isn't for some other reason. It's especially difficult to believe they would close for the entire holiday season. Something doesn't seem right.

I think the thread title was "say it isn't so" but I can't find it at the moment.

I'd like to know where MouseSavers is getting their info. The only thing I've seen on this is a couple of discussion board threads (besides ours) and it still seems to be rumor only, fueled by CMs at Disney Dining who aren't able to make reservations for people during that time period. Even there, some people were told by CMs it was definitely going down for refurb, others were told no way.

That said, some of those same people have said they went back a day or so later and could make their ADRs. So it still smacks of rumors fed by hiccups in Disney's reservation system.

All of the usually reliable sites have nothing on this yet and it's my understanding there's no info on the CM Hub yet either.

I guess time will tell but I agree - I can't imagine for a second that Disney would shut it down during Thanksgiving/Christmas weeks - the latter being the busiest week of the year.

This is interesting.

We know that there are big plans for the Settlement area.

Which include the eventual relocation of the whole equine operations up to the Outpost area.

At some point, if this ever gets going, there will be major construction going on.

I have always maintained that the construction in the Settlement would not begin until they build the new facilities in the Outpost.

But who knows?

I will say one thing about Pioneer Hall. It was built in 1974. If you ever looked at the ceiling, it is clearly full of asbestos. At some point they are going to have to get around to removing it. If and when that happens, it will be a big deal, but I can't imagine that even that would take 5 months.

TCD

I talked to a friend of mine and she said there has been no mention to the employees about a refurbishment or a closing, but she also said she isn't surprised if the rumors are true. She said if she heard anything, she would let me know.

Oh sure Norm, my answer wasn't good enough and you had to go to a second source.

Just kidding, always good to have more than one source. Especially considering my background.

Where does your friend work? Maybe I know her.