I'm a local and have never park hopped because we usually go early in the morning and leave by 2pm when it is just my DD and I. She wants to go to HS and then over to EPCOT for the F&G festival. My plan was to park at EPCOT then take the bus to HS and either boat or walk? back to HS. I looked at the map of HS and it looks like the boat launch and walkway are near each other in the front of the park? We walk really fast, would we beat the boat to EPCOT? Or should we just wait for it and enjoy the ride?

Is there anything to see on the way, anyplace we need to stop and explore?

The boat from HS to Epcot is slow. It has three stops on the way- The Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club. It takes a good 30 minutes to get from HS to Epcot, and that's if there aren't delays for loading and unloading a lot of passengers along the route.

You probably could easily beat the boat by walking.

Also, there is a bus from HS to Epcot. That gets you to Epcot way faster than the boat.

Of course the boat and bus travel times can be extended depending on how long you have to wait for the boat and bus to show up to begin the trip.

Even though the walkng might be faster, we more often than not will take the boat. It's air conditioned, and it provides a nice 30 minute rest.

Also, keep in mind the bus takes you to the front of Epcot while the boat takes you to the International Gateway. If you are wanting to start in Future World, you would save a lot of walking with the bus.

TCD

Boat dock and walkway aren't far from each other.

If you walk pretty quickly, you can make it to the back entrance to EP in about 15-20 minutes. In my experience the boat ride usually takes a lot longer, in part because it stops at a bunch of the EP area resorts before it finally gets to the International Gateway entrance to EP. And that doesn't count if you have to wait for a boat or 2, depending on how busy it is.

Walking the most direct route, you're going to go right by the Yacht/Beach clubs. Plenty to see there and if you have some extra time, maybe swing by Beaches & Cream for some ice cream!

If you go the longer way around, you can go past the Boardwalk - plenty of sightseeing there as well as options for snacks/beverages.

Is there anything to see on the way, anyplace we need to stop and explore?

The boat does seem to take forever when you're in a hurry but I wouldn't want to walk it either. Bus would be faster as long as you start in future world.

My suggestion if you do either walk or boat is to stop at Beaches & Cream and enjoy an ice cream mid-way. The mud slides are great! and I betcha can't finish the kitchen sink. Either way, the pictures would make me all purple with envy...

We've walked it twice. I didn't mind it, but after the first time DH said "never again"

The second time we were there with friends and it was a Sunday during F&W and the line for the boat was endless... easily 2-3 boats worth.

We did stop at Y/B for a snack along the way.

If you're not in a rush it's a nice stroll. If you're trying to get from A to B it will probably seem longer than you think it should be.

Actually the shorter way is past Boardwalk.

Leave the Studios, walk down the pathway, turn right and cut through the clown pool and under the archway near the weight room, then pop out near the center of the Boardwalk, then turn right and continue past ESPN club over the bridge and to Epcot.

Actually the shorter way is past Boardwalk.

Leave the Studios, walk down the pathway, turn right and cut through the clown pool and under the archway near the weight room, then pop out near the center of the Boardwalk, then turn right and continue past ESPN club over the bridge and to Epcot.

As always, Carol is right.

When I read Monique's post saying that going past Yacht and Beach was shorter, I went to Google Earth to map this out.

The first map shows the route walking past the Boardwalk. The second shows walkng past the Swan and Dolphin and Yacht and Beach. The Boardwalk way is shorter, even without the shortcut. That gate by the clown pool is supposed to be locked to keep out the riff-raff, but someone usually leaves it open, so you can take a big shortcut through the Boardwalk resort, which makes this way even shorter. But it's still shorter even without the short-cut. But note, either way is over a mile walk. I'd rather ride the slow boat in the AC or take a bus.

hstoepcot1.jpg

hstoepcot2.jpg

TCD

I knew the Fiends could help, and now I have 2 different ways to walk there as well. We actually don't care about AC(we're Natives) and the stroll will be nice. We're running a 10K the next day so it won't bother us. So unless we're just exhausted after doing the Studios I think I'll take Carol's suggestion and walk it, with maybe an ice cream on the way!

The walk was quite short it took us about 10 minutes and that was with stopping at the Boardwalk for a quick look around. We then stopped at Beaches and Cream for a milkshake and still made it before EPCOT opened. Have to try that again one day. The boats were REALLY slow on Friday.