Liberty Square Market Now Serving Sweet Potatoes

From the Disney Food blog...

Hidden Gem: Liberty Square Market (Now Serving Sweet Potatoes!)

Mar 29th, 2012 by AJ.

One of my favorite hidden gems in Disney World is the Liberty Square Market, located next to the Hall of Presidents in Disney’s Magic Kingdom.

This open-air market offers a great variety of eats that you might not be able to find anywhere else in Disney World, including filling snacks like baked potatoes and corn on the cob! And on my recent visit, I noticed an updated menu…

New-Menu-500x198.jpg

New Menu - click image for larger version

I love the old-fashioned looking mug holding the frozen slush! icon_wink.gif

But more on this menu later. My favorite new addition was the baked sweet potato! Scroll down for my review and pics!

sweet-potato-and-corn-on-the-cob-500x233.jpg

Sweet Potato and Corn on the Cob - click image for larger version

There is also a variety of fresh fruits and veggies sold here along with grab and go items like potato chips, Goldfish crackers, Craisin trail mix, and Cracker Jack.

Other-menu-items-500x371.jpg

Additional Menu Items - click image for larger version

grab-and-go-350x525.jpg

Grab and Go

I love the whole fresh fruit options…

fruit-500x333.jpg

Fruit

bananas-500x333.jpg

Bananas

And juices (bottled and boxed), grab and go refrigerated fruit and veggies, and more offerings make this one of the healthier pit stops in Disney World!

drinks-350x525.jpg

Beverages

But what I love the MOST about this spot is the access to the freshly baked potatoes and freshly boiled corn on the cob. On recent visits I sampled the Baked Potato and Baked Sweet Potato just to see if they were of edible quality or should be passed by. My findings? Definitely give these a go!

potato-500x333.jpg

Baked Potato

Served with Sour Cream, cheese, and butter, the Baked Potato is of a good size, and is fresh and hot. It also tasted better than a standard fast food baked potato (comparing to someplace like Wendy’s)! I was very impressed. This is a great snack or quick lunch on chilly day in the Magic Kingdom.

potato-2-500x501.jpg

Baked Potato Inside

The Sweet Potato was on special when I visited, and cast members weren’t sure how long it would be on the menu at Liberty Square Market. So if you’re a sweet potato fan…grab it soon!

sweet-potato-352x525.jpg

Sweet Potato

The sweet potato was deeelicious, and I’m not really a bit sweet potato fan! Also sold with the fixin’s, I opted to just eat the potato plain and loved the flavor.

sweet-potato-2-345x525.jpg

Inside of Sweet Potato

Interestingly, the sweet potato is noted as a Disney Dining Plan snack credit, but the baked potato no longer is listed as a snack credit. This is strange to me since they’re the same price. Just double check with the cast member when you’re checking out to be sure either way.

Personally, I like to pair the potatoes with chili or soup from nearby counter-service restaurants. That makes a great mid-day snack or meal that will fill you up and really keep you going for the rest of your Disney day…without feeling weighed down!!

TIP: Seating can be found at tables behind Liberty Square Market, or at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/29/hidden-gem-liberty-square-market-now-serving-sweet-potatoes/

Our son Shawnee LOVES baked sweet potatoes. It was one of the first foods he ate and loved when he got off his feeding tube. And I could eat baked potatoes every day. Thanks for letting us know about these new additions. And we all love corn.