Yuck....

You know I just realized why the 2000 Loop never used to bother me.  The last time I tent camped there, PI and Adventurer's Club was still open, so I was usually out at PI and didn't come in till about 1:30 - 2:00 am, by the time I had my shower and a bit of decompressing, it was usually pretty quiet even with the Scouts there.

There's nothing left open after 10pm so I'm there when the kids are still rowdy.

Hmmmm, maybe I need to start spending my nights at Jellyrolls!!!

Yuck....

You know I just realized why the 2000 Loop never used to bother me.  The last time I tent camped there, PI and Adventurer's Club was still open, so I was usually out at PI and didn't come in till about 1:30 - 2:00 am, by the time I had my shower and a bit of decompressing, it was usually pretty quiet even with the Scouts there.

There's nothing left open after 10pm so I'm there when the kids are still rowdy.

Hmmmm, maybe I need to start spending my nights at Jellyrolls!!!

I enjoy Jellyrolls! The problem is getting back. I don't drink and drive, at all, so that limits me. I was a HUGE fan of PI. I even flew down for their closing weekend. I was sad to see it go.

You can get back.  Somewhere around 12:30 am the DTD buses start asking you where you are going and will take folks directly back to their resort.  You may stop at several resorts, but you will get back.

For example, I left that area about 1:00 am one time.  I was taken to PI, but then was taken to the Fort by way of private van.

Very, very quiet. The few people I've seen are first-timers and seem generally unhappy. Go figure. I'll take the quiet, though!  I'm also not near a comfort station so no slamming doors tonight!

How can anyone be unhappy at the Fort AND Disney World at the same time?!?!?!  :rofl2: Hope you have a great stay!

You haven't seen Donnie post lately? :rofl2:

Got a late start, but checked into the Fort around 4:30 this afternoon. Was setup in a couple of hours.  Unfortunately, I couldn't talk my way into the 1500 loop, so I'm here in 2000.

Hello Brent .......... We also love the 1500 Loop but we did stay in the 2000 Loop during our first camping trip to Fort Wilderness and we had an outstanding time!  We loved the experience of camping at Fort Wilderness so much that we have been doing it every year for the last 30+ years!  It all started for our family in the 2000 Loop.

I hope you and your family are having a great time!     

Safe Travels,

Doug / datgrt@fw

Thanks everyone! It was a great trip and I made a LOT of observations, took several hundred photos, etc. I'm working on the trip report now. I hope to have it up before I leave for NC this week.

BTW, a "sneak preview" if you will... I will not sleep on the ground again. Done. Enough of that. I did everything everyone recommended and it just wasn't comfortable.  Popup or bust! The search is on. I think I might email MakeCampingEasy about renting his to make sure it's what I really want before I go buy one.