Loops close to a swimming pool

This will be my first trip to the fort, and I requested loop 1700. On the map it doesn't look too far from the small pool? (I think that's what it is called) I know we will want to be using the pool frequently, and we aren't renting a golf cart. So I'd like to be some what close to a pool. Also what is the difference between the two pools?

Any other suggestions on loops that would be better for the pool(s). I'm looking at full hook ups (no pets)

OK, there are four levels of campsites at Fort Wilderness

The full hookup loops are 1600, 1700, 1800, and 1900. Loops 1600 and 1700 would be closest to the main pool. It would be a short walk down the sidewalk, then across a foot bridge, then another sidewalk past the tennis courts and you are at the pool. The smaller pool is over by Loop 2500 near the cabins. (Not anywhere near the camping loops)

All of the full hookup loops allow pets, so if you want a loop with NO pets, you would need to book premium and request a non pet loop. (BUT there is no longer a guarantee that no pets will be there, they often don't follow their own rules)

The premium loops closest to the pool are 600, 800, 900, 1000, 1200, 1300, and 1400 (not necessarily in that order)

You are on track now.

The full hook-up loops are closer to the main pool.

Google Earth has great images of the Fort, and has a measurement tool that you can use to track distances.

For example, If you had a site mid-way around the 1600 loop, this would be your distance to the main pool in yards:

1600topool.jpg

This would be your distance to the main pool from mid-way around the 1700 loop:

1700topool.jpg

And this would be the distance walking to the cabin pool from the back of the 1700 loop ( you could save some walking by cutting through some sites, but that is against the camper's code, so I have shown the distance along the path you would walk out of the loop and on the sidewalks) :

1700tocabinpool.jpg

As you can see, it would be about a 2/3 of a mile walk to the cabin pool from the 1700 loop.

The differences between the pools:

-The main pool is big, has a slide, hot tub, kiddie pool, and kid's splash area. There is also a snack bar and restrooms.

-The cabin pool is smaller, no slide, no kiddie pool, no kid's splash area. There is a hot tub there. No food or beverage service, but there are restrooms. The cabin pool has a big laundry room appended to the restrooms, so if you want to swim while you are doing your laundry, that can be done there.

And yes, you can bring a small cooler to the pool. Or a big cooler. You can bring a few cans of adult beverages, or a lot of cans of adult beverages. Just no glass.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...