Reimagined Basin Reopens at Downtown Disney

From the Disney Parks blog...

A Reimagined Basin Reopens at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on April 16th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Check out this shopping list: Almonds, cranberry, vanilla, oatmeal, honey, and sea salt. No, we’re not making cookies – those are just some of the natural ingredients used to create the fresh-cut soaps available at Basin, the bath and beauty shop at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort.

Basin recently reopened after a refresh that included the addition of an oversized sink where as many as eight guests can simultaneously try out the all-natural salt body scrubs. The new Basin centerpiece is topped with a Mickey Mouse that was carved from a 250-pound block of soap.

Here’s a tour through the refreshed location:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvOglVggoZw

I'm not supposed to give a rat's a$$ about that place, right? Looks like one of those stores where I find a bench outside to people watch while INC looks around.

I'll definately be sitting on that bench with you Dave

Fresh cut soaps, come on, really? It's an April's fools joke, right?

Next thing you know, they'll have a bowling alley there.

I'm not supposed to give a rat's a$$ about that place, right? Looks like one of those stores where I find a bench outside to people watch while INC looks around.

You are correct sir!

I'll definately be sitting on that bench with you Dave

Fresh cut soaps, come on, really?

Hey, I have some of those fresh cut soaps in my soap dish right now, Mr. Smarty Pants!

And yes, all you smelly guys can stay outside while we gals go hang out where it smells good.

:raspberry:

I don't like the smells either. Bothers my allergies. But I have been known :laugh: to visit the shop in the Grand Floridian when I go there to get my hair done. I have bought several of the broken pieces of the soaps and I enjoy them. They are cheap that way too. lol

Ken stays away from that place too.

Ya know it's weird, I love that kinda stuff, but prefer to have it done for me!! I love paying for spas and facials, but for stuff at home, I get in the shower, knock off the yuck and that's about it. So buying stuff at those stores is just not my style.