Do fiends ever do photopass shares together?

We just did one for our last trip with a group I found on TourGuide Mike. We took so many pictures, and it was nice to know that we wouldn't be limited in what we got, but I'd hate to pay over $100 for them. We're about to get our pictures back, so I'm excited! I was just curious if any shares happen between people here.

I coordinated a share for Starla's show choir several years ago. I called in advance and got 40 photopass cards then recorded all the numbers on a file document in case any were lost in transit. Originally we'd agreed each family would chip in $3 to cover the cost of the cd and creating a duplicate disk but in the end we took it out of boosters' funds.

By having a master list of the numbers beforehand, it made it really easy to enter them - just copy/paste - after the trip. Then we gave each parent the password so they could edit the pics before ordering the cd. When the cds arrived we ended up getting 4 cds from that one photopass order. The kids had posed for so many cool pictures that they wouldn't have if we hadn't given them instructions to stop for the photographers b/c it wouldn't cost extra. Looking at them you couldn't help but smile.

The only share I've ever done with strangers was before it was outlawed somewhere else. It fell thru after we paid but thankfully before we'd entered our #s. I'd do it with fiends but not with strangers just b/c there could be the possibility of losing your pics if the coordinator dropped the ball. Many of the fiends are almost like family. I don't think that'd be an issue here.

• 1 month later...

Terrific! The only thing better than getting your pictures in the mail after the trip is leaving for the next one. :parrot:

So... are you going to share a couple of those pics? :suspense: