I could use some help from a ticket Guru.

I have a WDW ticket issue that I need to resolve.

I bought new Florida Resident Season Passes in January, 2012. They are good for one year, and have black out dates which include days around Easter, most of the Summer and then around Christmas.

The TCD twins are attending a competition in WDW in June and want to have access to the parks. Our passes will be blacked out then.

So, I am looking at my options for upgrading these passes. I inquired on my last visit to WDW, and was told that I could upgrade the passes to regular Florida Residents passes by paying the difference between what one of those passes costs and the seasonal pass (about $150 per pass). The expiration date would stay the same.

I then asked about turning in our passes and buying new annual passes. This would give me a new expiration date. I was told no can do.

I kind of have a problem paying for the full price of the difference between the two passes when the passes are now 3 months old, and were blacked out during Easter.

Anyone have any suggestions on an option other than paying the full price difference?

TCD

What about getting them the play 3 pass or whatever it is for Florida residents at $99 each?

I thought about it, but for $150 they could then have passes that are good for all summer plus next Christmas. So, I would go with that over the $99.

What I would really like to do is to somehow be able to upgrade the passes so they are good for a full year from the date of upgrade. I would expect to pay more than $150 to do that, but that would then give us a full 12 months to use the passes. I was told that cannot be done.

TCD

Look into the tickets offered to attendees of the competition. Sometimes passes sold in conjunction with those events are deeply discounted. Perhaps, a 3 or 4 day pass sold to event attendees is less expensive than upgrading the seasonal.

I will need to look at that.

There is a website with info on it about this. As with the $99 three day offer, the closer I get to $150, the more likely I would be to just pay the $150 and to upgrade.

TCD