We recently bought a Weber 200. Thinking of buying a 4.25# LP bottle, vs carrying the 1# little cylinders.

Does a 4.25# bottle carry a full 4.25#s?

I've read a gallon of LP is ~4.25#s. But I've read bottles are only 80% filled. So would it only be filled with ~3/4 of a gallon?

I'm trying to figure out how many 1# bottles, this 4.25# will replace.

Thanks!

I carry a 20lb cylinder with a hose that has2 connections on it. I use one for the grill and the other for the outside camp stove. I also carry a couple of small cylinders in case I am only setting up overnight. The 20# lasts all summer and s refillable for $10 instead of the buying $30 worth or more of small cylinders.

I'm sorry I can't follow all that math. What Marilyn and I did is get a conversion hose from Camping World, put a 20# tank in a milk carton (so it won't roll around) and we're set for 2-3 months. What happened to Busch??? :clint:

I put an adaptor on one of the 30 lb tanks on the trailer and use a 16 ft hose to the Weber.

OK, to explain.

I would love to just carry our existing 20# tank. However it won't fit in any of our limited storage areas. It's to tall.

So 4.25# in storage, small bottles, or get a trailer hitch platform to carry the 20# tank.

I vote for platform. But Tony is worried about being worried about it being tied/secured.

Our generator is LP, so tapping off the LP tank isn't an option. We dry camp at some races, do want to reserve LP for generator and frig.