Disney Food Tips: Everything You Need to Know About Snacks

From the Disney Food Blog. 2 of my all-time favorites are on this list - chocolate covered caramel and DOLE WHIP FLOAT!

What are yours?

Disney Food Tips: Everything You Need to Know About Snacks

Jun 5th, 2012 by AJ.

Welcome to the Disney Food Blog. If you enjoy this post, you should check out the tour of the site to see all the great Disney Food information we have.

We all know how important snacks have become in Disney World and Disneyland. With some serious innovation on Disney’s part, snacks are no longer just a between meal throwaway, but something that inspires full-blown planning sessions! The day of snacks has dawned in Disney parks!

Mickey-bar-with-balloons1-286x400.jpg

A lot of this is due to folks wanting to get the best value for their snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan in Walt Disney World. But the newly available variety of snacks also means that it’s much easier to piece together a less expensive mini-meal than it ever has been before.

We’ve put together a lot of info about Disney snacks over the past few years, and with so many trips coming up for our readers it’s time to share them all in one place.

Hope this is helpful, and don’t forget to share your best Disney snack tips with us in the comments. I’d appreciate hearing and sharing what you’ve learned!

Best Disney Dining Plan Snack Values, 2012

When using the Disney Dining Plan, it’s important to make the most of your snack credits.

Don’t waste a credit on an inexpensive and/or less-than-stellar treat; indulge in a snack that will be memorable!

Here are our favorite ways to use a snack credit in 2012. One of our favorite tips: if you’re lucky enough to be visiting Epcot during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, use those snack credits for trying international, tapas-sized dishes.

Italy-Cappellini-500x353.jpg

Cappellini con Gamberi Piccanti (Cappellini Pasta with Spicy Shrimp) -– $5.25 or a snack credit at the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Best Chocolate-Covered Disney Snacks

If you enjoy a snack even more once it’s dunked in chocolatey goodness, we suggest trying any of our Top 5 Chocolate Covered Snacks.

From a caramel delight at Karamell-Küche, to the iconic Mickey Ice Cream Bar, chocaholics can make the most of their snack credits (or vacation dollars) with these decadent treats.

chocolate-covered-sea-salt-caramel-500x385.jpg

Chocolate-Covered Sea Salt Caramel at Karamell Kuche in Epcot

Top 5 Disney Take-Home Snacks

Let’s face it. Disney departure day is a complete bummer. And I find it eases the discomfort of heading back to reality if there are some yummy treats traveling with me.

Sadly, there are some snacks that just won’t travel well (Dole Whip, I’m talking to you!); but there are some goodies that you can take home, no problem! The heavenly caramel corn from Karamell Küche will get you through a long drive or boring flight, and even ease your first day back to work.

caramel-corn-500x333.jpg

Karamell-Küche Caramel Corn

Take this list of our Top 5 Take-Home Disney Snacks with you and stock up before leaving your resort. And don’t forget to check out our tips for taking snacks home from Disney World!

Best Disney Bedtime Snacks

With the help of all of you, we compiled a list of snacks that many of us are munching on before bedtime at Disney. Popcorn, ice cream bars, and rice krispie treats are all high on the Best Disney Bedtime Snacks list.

Mickey-Rice-Krispie-Treats-500x333.jpg

Mickey Rice Krispie Treats

Favorite Ice Cold Disney Snacks

When it’s time for a treat with a chill, DFB readers were most impressed with the Dole Whip. For another icy snack, Kaki Gori in Epcot’s Japan pavilion was also recommended.

CarBeach-5May09-Enh105.jpg

Disney World Aloha Isle Dole Whip Float

So if you’re visiting during the hot summer months and you need a cold snack on a humid Florida day, go directly to our Favorite Ice Cold Disney Snacks so you can plan ahead.

Goofy’s Candy Company “Create Your Own” Snacks

There’s an extra thrill in eating a snack that was especially created just for YOU! Pick the snack, the dip, the topping, and the drizzle at Goofy’s Candy Company in Downtown Disney. Who knows what you’ll come up with?

The Create Your Own Snack option truly puts you in control of your sweet treat, and these are perfect for sharing.

finished-krispie-treat-2-500x333.jpg

Rice Krispie Treat dipped in white chocolate covered in crushed Oreos drizzled with milk chocolate at Goofy's Candy Company

“The Best Snacks I Ever Ate in Disney”

When it’s time to make your snack choice, it often helps to know what your fellow guests find to be must-eats. So let’s sum up this Snack review with some true favorites!

We polled our readers and added in our own favorites too (of course, we have a Mickey pretzel with plastic cheese on the list). Your snack craving will likely be satisfied with any of these treats from our “The Best Thing I Ever Ate in Disney,” snacks edition!

mickey-pretzel.jpg

Mickey Pretzel with Cheese

In-Depth Disney Snack Resources

Here at the DFB we’ve created two great resources to use in planning ahead for your snack purchases:

The DFB Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks e-Book

epcotsnacks_miniguide_3d-350x371.jpg

Our detailed guide to Epcot snacks helps you to find the best eats (and treats!) in Walt Disney World’s Epcot.

You’ll see some of your old favorites as well as some snacks that you might have missed in this 150-page book! We also have ideas for snacks that can work as meals, and some of our favorite good-for-you snacks. icon_smile.gif

The DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book

miniguide_3d-cover.jpg

Know what you’re getting BEFORE using a precious snack credit or spending your limited vacation dollars.

Whether you want sweet, salty, crunchy, healthy, or something in between, The DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book tells you where to find a snack to match your craving in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom!

We’ve packed this guide full of over 80 pages of snacks found in Disney World’s very first theme park. Dive in and enjoy!

What are your favorite Disney snacks? Let us know if we missed any (or if we covered your #1 snack!) by leaving us a comment below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/06/05/disney-food-tips-everything-you-need-to-know-about-snacks/#more-51040

Hmm Dole whip.

Hmm Pretzel with cheese.

Also, there is something about the plain jane popcorn at the Magic Kingdom. I know it is the same everywhere on property and probably not much different than popcorn you can get anywhere else, but it just seems to taste better there. I love getting the popcorn from the cart right as you enter/exit the kingdom. Eat it walking down mainstreet or on the boat ride back to the Fort!

Hmm Dole whip.

Hmm Pretzel with cheese.

Also, there is something about the plain jane popcorn at the Magic Kingdom. I know it is the same everywhere on property and probably not much different than popcorn you can get anywhere else, but it just seems to taste better there. I love getting the popcorn from the cart right as you enter/exit the kingdom. Eat it walking down mainstreet or on the boat ride back to the Fort!

Aaron - When I took the Keys tour in MK years ago, the guide mentioned that the popcorn in MK is actually different than the other parks. It seems like she said it's sweeter.