Does anybody know how the yellow fly and mosquitoes season has been at the Fort this summer. We are planning on being there over the 4th of July. My youngest granddaughter is allergic to mosquitoes and I am allergic to the yellow flies. Any news on those damned winged things will be appreciated.

Great question. I was wondering that too. Sure hope we don't all get eaten alive in a few weeks. That first night setting up for Halloween was horrible and those were only skeeters...

Does anybody know how the yellow fly and mosquitoes season has been at the Fort this summer. We are planning on being there over the 4th of July. My youngest granddaughter is allergic to mosquitoes and I am allergic to the yellow flies. Any news on those damned winged things will be appreciated.

Kathy, I can tell you that the mosquitoes are horrendous here, since all the rains. It has rained every day for the last 2 weeks, so lots of standing water. If your GD is allergic, I would buy out the store in spray, candles, garlic around her neck....whatever may help her. Hopefully the Fort has been diligent about spraying.

The standing water has been everywhere there was previously dark colored ground.

We have not spent much time outside after sundown, so I don't know how bad the skeeters are. There have not been any yellow flies by our site so far.

The mosquito trucks have been out every night here, and with good reason. Lorna and I canceled our Highlands Hammock trip this weekend because they said there were yellow fiies there. I plan on buying some thermal cells in addition to the two Off Candle Lanterns that I have. I had some coupons and got two packs of refills already and they are in the MH.

I bought two to try cuz I had a coupon lol

My mom is also a couponer and saw coupons for them, too. She saved them for me because she heard they have mosquitos in Florida. Her words. So, looks like I'll have every sort of repellent on the planet for July 4th.

Normally they do go with us, Tom. Well four of them anyway. One of them gets carsick, not fun on 1250 mile trip, and one has severe anxiety issues. He was the one who ran away from us last Sept.

They really aren't used to the heat, so I think they will be happier at home with my son.