From WDW Magic...

2012 Candlelight Processional celebrity narrator list updated

Aug 22, 2012 | 5:04pm EDT

Share on facebookShare on twitter Share on emailShare on print More Sharing Services

The celebrity narrator list for the 2012 Candlelight Processional has been updated. Isabella Rossellini has been removed, and replaced with Geena Davis, and added to the previously unannounced dates are actors Andy Garcia and James Denton, and singer Amy Grant.

The current provisional line-up is as follows:

Nov. 23 - 25: Geena Davis

Nov. 26 - 29: Neil Patrick Harris (Emmy Award-winner, Broadway star and TV host)

Nov. 30 - Dec. 1: Whoopi Goldberg (television host, actress and comedian)

Dec. 2 - 4: Andy Garcia (Actor)

Dec. 5 - 7: TBA

Dec. 8 - 10: James Denton (Actor)

Dec. 11 - 13: Jodi Benson (Singer and actress)

Dec. 14 - 16: Olivia Newton John (Singer and actress)

Dec. 17 - 19: TBA

Dec. 20 - 22: Trace Adkins (Award-Winning Country music artist)

Dec. 23 - 25: Gary Sinise (Actor and musician)

Dec. 26 - 18: Amy Grant (Singer)

Dec. 29 - 30: Marlee Matlin/Jack Jason (Academy Award-winning actor and TV star)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/candlelight-processional/news/22aug2012-2012-candlelight-processional-celebrity-narrator-list-updated.htm

I am very excited to be seeing it with Gary Sinise. I have heard he is excellent...a speaker who truly believes what he is saying.

Saw it a couple of years ago with Steven Curtis Chapman and he was great too.

I have zero interest in most of the readers this year. Especially Whoopi. She offends me. And Geena Davis?? Really??

• 1 month later...

WDW Magic is reporting that Olivia Newton John has been removed from the narrator lineup for the Candlelight Processional. She was scheduled as the celebrity narrator December 14-16.

Currently the slot remains open and noted as "TBA"...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/candlelight-processional/news/09oct2012-olivia-newton-john-removed-from-the-candlelight-processional-lineup.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Reports are the Lea Salonga is replacing Olivia Newton John as a narrator for the Candlelight Processional at Epcot on December 14th and 16th.

Lea Salonga provided the singing voice of Jasmine and Mulan in the Disney animated films Aladdin and Mulan.

Yep!! As much as I love OLJ, Lea Salonga has the voice of an angel. She was in the 25th Anniversary Edition of Les Mis and her performance captivated me! Out of this years line-up I've seen NPH, Whoopi, Gary Sinise, and Marlee Matlin. Out of those four Gary Sinise was hands down my favorite. Marlee's performance is unique and if you can you, should try to see it.

We did the reserve seating years ago but now we just wander around until the performance begins & can usually sneak in and get a seat. If nothing else we sit on the planter in front of the America Pavilion & you can hear everything fairly well from there.

... now we just wander around until the performance begins & can usually sneak in and get a seat. If nothing else we sit on the planter in front of the America Pavilion & you can hear everything fairly well from there.

We've done this and one year we were sitting on the wall to the far right and the CMs moved us into seats at the start of the show once everyone was sorted out. We actually ended up with really good seats!