Tangierine Cafe’s Grown-Up Slushies - Morocco Pavilion, Epcot

from the Disney Food Blog...

Review: Tangierine Cafe’s Grown-Up Slushies in Epcot

Jun 14th, 2012 by AJ.

Nestled in the back of Epcot’s Tangierine Café, you’ll find a lovely little spot that serves pastries and an assortment of coffee drinks, some laced with liqueurs.

At the same counter, you will also find a variety of grown-up slushies that prove to be very alluring on a hot (insert the season here) Florida day.

Sips

As I headed to the counter to try one of the flavors — termed daiquiris — I wasn’t really sure which one I was feelin’ of the coffee, tangerine, and strawberry options.

I had tried the Tangerine Daiquiri YEARS before, and had really enjoyed it. (If you’ve ever had the Moroccorita, the consistency is very similar.) But maybe it was time to broaden my horizons.

Since I was being all wishy-washy, the helpful cast member gave me samples to help seal the deal — one Tangerine, and one Strawberry. (Helpful cast members are the BEST.)

Samples-of-Tangierine-and-Strawberry-Slushies-600x401.jpg

Samples of Tangerine and Strawberry Slushies

Now, I can’t promise that you’ll score samples, but it never hurts to ask!

The Tangerine was delicious and refreshing, but I found the Strawberry to be a little sweet for my taste. So, being the weirdo that I am, I asked for a combo Tangerine-Strawberry Daiquiri. Our helpful cast member continued to be helpful, and obliged.

Mixed-Strawberry-and-Tangierine-slushies-504x625.jpg

Mixed Strawberry and Tangierine slushies

This actually brings me to a good point: anytime you cruise up to one of these frozen slushy drink stands and you want more than one flavor, ask the cast member to combine them. Normally, they’re the same price, so it shouldn’t be a problem; and you might discover the next awesome drink at Disney World!

Mixed together, my Tangerine-Strawberry drink looked a little like a Blood Orange Daiquiri. How very cutting edge I suddenly was. icon_smile.gif

Mixed-Further-510x625.jpg

Mixed Slushies

As for the taste? My custom slushy was really delicious and refreshing, and not so heavy on the alcohol that it would cause me to fall down (like SOME Epcot drinks I know…I’m talking about YOU, Mexico Margarita Stand!).

The relatively large size also represents pretty good value. Overall, I would definitely recommend adding Morocco to your Drink Around the World tour! If fruity slushies aren’t your thing, try one of the spiked coffees!

Do you have a favorite adult slushy at Tangierine Café? Let us know below in comments!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/06/14/review-tangierine-cafes-grown-up-slushies-in-epcot/