From the Disney Parks Blog. Hmm... I like a good turkey leg as much as the next person, but I'm not sure I want my car smelling like it.

Freshening the Air with Disney Parks

posted on July 9th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

fre234809SMALL.jpg

I’m amazed how certain smells can trigger a flood of memories. For me, I love walking in Epcot just after it has rained, as I’m reminded of a family trip in 1988. Disney Parks attractions use scents to enhance experiences (I’m looking at you, burning embers from Spaceship Earth); and I know I’m not the only one who enjoys standing outside the bakery on Main Street, U.S.A. I’ve discussed before how Disney Theme Park Merchandise (and I) have a love affair with food. That affair continues in August with the release of four new air fresheners inspired by iconic food from Disney Parks. These items have been in development for more than a year and they are dear to my heart (and stomach).

fre912340SMALL.jpg

Last July, the souvenirs team asked me to photograph several food items for air fresheners they were developing. I visited Epcot, where I secured a turkey leg and a Mickey Mouse premium ice cream bar (my favorite treat next to a Dole Whip). At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I photographed a candy apple, cotton candy and popcorn (the souvenirs team decided not to make the latter two). At a team breakfast in Boma at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, I photographed (then ate) the last item I needed – the Mickey Mouse waffle. Disney Design Group artist Caley Hicks then used the images to create these air fresheners.

Once released, you will be able to find these at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

With so many scents to choose from, I think my all-time favorite is the “l’orange” scent from Horizons. So what is your favorite scent?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/07/freshening-the-air-with-disney-parks/