2013 Disney Dining Plans Released

From the Touring Plans blog...

It’s that time of year again! The time has arrived when we take a look at the Disney Dining Plans. The 2013 Disney Dining Plans have officially been announced.

There do not appear to be any major changes in the 2013 plans; they seem the exact same as the 2012 versions, with the exception that the prices have increased across the board.

With that being said, let’s take a look at an explanation of each of the 2013 Disney Dining Plans, plus the pricing structure for 2013. (In addition, research has been done for the past few years to see how the Plans have changed in price. Included in parenthesis are 2012, 2011 and 2010 prices in order.)

Quick-Service Plan

Price Per Night 2013 2012 2011 2010 Adult (Ages 10+) $37.58 $34.99 $34.99 $31.99 Child (Ages 3-9) $14.32 $11.99 $11.99 $9.99

The Quick Service Dining Plan includes the following for each resort guest:

• 2 Quick Service Meals per night stayed
    Each meal includes an entrée or complete combo meal, dessert (lunch and dinner only), and non-alcoholic beverage
  • 1 Snack Option per night stayed
  • 1 Resort Refillable Mug for the length of stay

Basic Plan*

Price Per Night 2013 2012 2011 2010 Adult (Ages 10+) $55.59 $51.54 $45.99 $41.99 Child (Ages 3-9) $17.16 $15.02 $11.99 $11.99

The Basic Plan (also known as the Standard Plan) includes the following for each resort guest:

• 1 Quick Service Meal per night stayed
    Each meal includes an entrée or complete combo meal, dessert (lunch and dinner only), and non-alcoholic beverage.
  • 1 Table Service Meal per night stayed
    Each meal includes an entrée, dessert (lunch and dinner only), and non-alcoholic beverage, or, if eating at a buffet, the full buffet.
  • 1 Snack Option per night stayed
  • 1 Resort Refillable Mug for the length of stay

Deluxe Plan*

Price Per Night 2013 2012 2011 2010 Adult (Ages 10+) $99.97 $85.52 $78.99 $71.99 Child (Ages 3-9) $26.84 $23.79 $21.99 $20.99

The Deluxe Dining Plan includes the following for each resort guest:

• 3 Meals per night stayed, which can be any combination of Table Service Meals and Quick Service Meals
    • Quick Service Meals include an entrée or complete combo meal, dessert (lunch and dinner only), and non-alcoholic beverage.
    • Table Service meals include an appetizer (lunch and dinner only), entrée, dessert (lunch and dinner only), and non-alcoholic beverage, or, if eating at a buffet, the full buffet.

[*]2 Snack Options per night stayed

[*]1 Resort Refillable Mug for the length of stay

*Note that during Peak Season (typically summer and holidays), prices increase for both the Basic and Deluxe Dining Plans. During Peak Season, the Basic Dining Plan will cost $56.94/night for Adults 10+ and $18.16/night for Children ages 3 to 9. For the Deluxe Dining Plan, it will cost $102.27/night for Adults 10+ and $28.91/night for Children ages 3 to 9.

The Disney Dining Plans are always something that people debate. Is it something that you should add to your Walt Disney World vacation or not? The best advice I have is to do your research. If it appears that you will be spending more than the plan costs, per night, then I would suggest it could be a good option for you. If you will not be spending more than the plan per night, then I would probably not opt for the plan. The decision, however, is completely up to you.

http://blog.touringp...plans-released/

Ok so in a more readable format...

Quick-Service Plan price per night

Adult (Ages 10+) = $37.58

2012 = $34.99

2011 = $34.99

2010 = $31.99

Child (Ages 3-9) = $14.32

2012 = $11.99

2011 = $11.99

2010 = $9.99

Basic Plan price per night

Adult (Ages 10+) = $55.59

2012 = $51.54

2011 = $45.99

2010 = $41.99

Child (Ages 3-9) = $17.16

2012 = $15.02

2011 = $11.99

2010 = $11.99

Deluxe Plan price per night

Adult (Ages 10+) = $99.97

2012 = $85.52

2011 = $78.99

2010 = $71.99

Child (Ages 3-9) = $26.84

2012 = $23.79

2011 = $21.99

2010 = $20.99

Omigosh. The prices keep going up in the restaurants, so they can justify the dining plan. When you look at the menu and see how much you would spend, the ddp seems "worth it." Of course, it is if you base it on their inflated prices. It's gonna get to the point that people are going to stop paying out the nose to have a decent meal eventually. I feel sorry for the folks who are "held prisoner" by Disney because they use Magical Express. Those are the folks who will be stuck paying those prices for the ddp.

Y'all know I love eating out, especially when I am at the Fort, but I would not be going if I had to depend on the ddp.

when comparing prices over the years, they should also be comparing the value - as that has changed significantly also. Originally you could order an appetizer & dessert. Now only dessert is included. Gratuity also used to be included - that's another 18% minimum that many people forget they'll still need to pay OOP on current dining plans.

IMO the dining plan stopped being a value quite a while ago and instead, became merely a convienence. TIW now usually proves to be a much better value than the DDP after just a few TS meals for families of 4 or more.

I think one benefit for folks is if you are getting the "package" deal, then everything is paid for before you arrive and you can relax and enjoy your vacation. I think if you are staying in a hotel and want to eat at TS restaurants, it's probably still gonna save folks a little bit of money. Unfortunately, then you start becoming obsessed with making the plan "worth it" or at least I did! There are charts about which restaurants give you the biggest bang for the plan!

You are right, Pam, they have slowly eroded the benefits and raised the prices.

We love eating out and hate leaving WDW property once we're there, but we've also gotten a little creative in how we order to keep the cost down.

Example - we went to Yachtsman last year and split the 22oz porterhouse for $44 with a couple of sides/appetizers. It was plenty of food for 2 and even with drinks and tip (incl. TiW discount) we got out for under $100. Still sounds like a lot, but if we'd gone whole 2 apps, 2 entrees, 2 sides... route it would have been a LOT more.

We'll also order a few appetizers to share as our meals. Allows us to try a lot of different things (which we both love) and often ends up being less than if we'd ordered entrees.

Pam's point about value for money is a big one. I don't mind paying for a good meal if I feel like I'm actually getting my money's worth.

We've also found that TiW saves us a heck of a lot more than the DDP would - even figuring in the $75 cost of the card.

I also agree that DDP was a good deal back when it included an appetizer and the gratuity. Which coincidentally is the last time we used it. That trip we regularly had dinners alone that would have cost us $100+ out of pocket (and not signature)... and were paying about $75 per day on the plan (incl. QS and a snack).

Does make you wonder where this can all possibly max out. At some point you have to think the prices in the restaurants will start to drive people paying OOP away.

Then again, they said a few years ago that promos like FREE DINING would be phased out, and yet they've pretty much become part of the regular discount cycle now, with people anticipating and planning their vacations around them.

Mo, just saw your ticker and boy did it make me happy this morning! Whee, it's not long at all! We used to do the ddp also. When you can add it with your ap discount, it was a good value for folks who love to eat out. We did the deluxe a couple of years ago and definitely felt like we got out money's worth! Of course, we hated the to even see food coming our way for a while after that! lol I think that when you do the plan, it gives you the freedom to eat at places you would otherwise balk at because of the prices. Let's face it, Disney has some really great marketing going on. ME, stay on site, DDP and tickets; they get ALL your money!

Some additional changes from Disney Food Blog. Sounds like they're making it harder and harder to really get your money's worth out of the DDP.

Very interesting that they now mention cancellation fees - which everyone else is subject to now. That actually might not be a bad thing if it stops people on the DDP from making a pile of reservations they end up not showing up for - especially when it's so hard to get ADRs these days in general.

Other Clarifications

There have been a few changes made to the Disney Dining Plan brochures for 2013 as well.

Special Dining Events

The brochure this year spells out clearly that “special dining events with special menus offered at certain table-service locations” are not included in the Disney Dining Plan.

Gratuities

This specification now appears in the brochure: “An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alchoholic beverages).”

Prix Fixe Menus

There will be a surcharge now for ordering from prix fixe menus. The brochure states “Choosing items from a separate prix fixe menu offered at certain locations requires payment of a surcharge in addition to redeeming the number of Table-Service entitlements required at the location.”

Cancellations

You’ll need to cancel any Advance Dining Reservations by 10pm on the day prior to your reservation to avoid any cancellation fees.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue Show Time

Disney Dining Plan includes category 1 seating for the 8:30pm show (was 9:30pm in 2012). Category 2 and 3 seating is still available at all show times.

This is due to the the upcoming schedule change: Starting October 1, 2012, Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness will be shown at 4 p.m., 6:15 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

More Updates to Come

While restaurants are listed on the plans, it’ll take some time before all eateries are finalized (usually some restaurants wait until the last minute to re-up their status in the Dining Plan).

Stay tuned for more Disney Dining Plan information as it is released. Please understand that this is all subject to change.

Thanks to reader Pudge the Fish for the heads up and extra details on this news!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/12/news-2013-disney-dining-plan-pricing-and-updates/#more-61074

• 5 months later...

Updates on the 2013 Disney Dining Plan from the Disney Food Blog include a complete list of participating restaurants, and more info on what's new with this year's dining plan...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/12/31/news-participating-restaurants-for-the-2013-disney-dining-plans-updated/

Of note, 3 new dining locations have been added this year - Be Our Guest Restaurant (Magic Kingdom), Monsieur Paul Restaurant (France Pavilion, Epcot), and Splitsville (Downtown Disney)