I bought one a few years back with a birthday gift card. Got it at Home Depot, although it was a closeout sale, and I'm not sure they still handle the things. it was a brand name, probably Magic Chef. Used it once with poor results, although it was outside under our awning in 100 degree heat for a week. Set it up here at home in the garage and let it do its thing for a couple hours, but not much ice. Dried it out and put it in the box where it sat until DW gave it to her daughter a couple months ago. She uses it in her kitchen to good advantage when she entertains. I doubt I'll get another one for our travels.

Interesting. I've wanted one, but our friends who got one several years ago said it wasn't worth it for the time and amount you get. But we don't have an icemaker in our fridge. We go through A LOT of ice, even with the Coleman Extreme, so it sounds like it might be worth it. I've seen them on woot.com at least once.

If you love yours, please post a link to the exact model.