Irish Vintage Cheese and Bacon Dip - Cookes of Dublin, Downtown Disney

One of my favorite counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World. From the Disney Food Blog - follow the link for more photos.

DFB Must-Have: Irish Vintage Cheese and Bacon Dip at Cookes of Dublin

Aug 1st, 2012 by AJ.

So, I’ve got a post coming up reviewing all of the absolutely out-of-this-world food I ate at Cookes of Dublin in Walt Disney World’s Downtown Disney on this recent trip; but I had to rustle up a quick suggestion for all of you headed to Orlando very soon…you MUST try this dip!

I’m creating a new series on the blog — DFB Must-Have menu items — just for this dip. It’s THAT good.

Stout, strong Irish cheese infused with big ol’ chunks of bacon…simply amazing. (Come to think of it, the Cookes Doh Bar might need to be placed in that series as well!)

Irish-Cheese-and-Bacon-Dip-2-600x400.jpg

Vintage Cheese and Bacon Dip at Cookes of Dublin

If you’re not familiar with Cookes, it’s a counter service location in Downtown Disney’s Pleasure Island area — located right next to Raglan Road Irish Pub. You order your food (anything from fish and chips to savory pies to a battered burger — don’t worry, we’ll cover all of it for you in a review soon!), then have a seat while it’s prepared and brought to your table.

I tried a variety of things on this visit, but the Irish Vintage Cheese and Bacon Dip simply blew me away. It’s listed on the menu with “Sides and Dips,” and costs a very worth-it $4.

Cheese-Dip-on-Menu-600x310.jpg

Second from the top, my friends

With that strong, aged Irish cheese flavor that comes through even after melting (I can only imagine how strong it was pre-melt!) and large, salty chunks of real bacon throughout, it may even be better than plastic cheese!

What do you dip, you ask? Just about anything! I dipped burgers, fish (yes! fish!), those big thick french fries/chips, and even the (very deceptively named) garlic Parmesan skinny chips. Heavenly!!

Skinny-Chips-600x400.jpg

Garlic Parmesan Skinny Chips at Cookes of Dublin

No matter what you dip, it’s gonna be good. Stay tuned for even more reviews from Cookes of Dublin coming up soon!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/01/dfb-must-have-irish-vintage-cheese-and-bacon-dip-at-cookes-of-dublin/