I tried to get reservations for Dec 28, 2013 for a week for a premium and only could get Dec 27 & 28 for a preferred. He said that only tents were available on Dec 29. And that you can not book pass the 499 days. I thought that the 499 was the day you could book out a week or two. Is this right? Also, does it make sense that the premium are booked already? Thanks, Dennis

Fort reservations are weird, late 2013 availability will open up later this year, or early in 2013. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it is 499 days out from your checkout date (inclusive). They restrict how availability shows at the Fort more than any other resort. Sometimes you have to book a full 30 days around your dates to get all your dates to show.

Just wanted to say :welcome:

I agree with Carol. Dates will open up. They always do. Just keep checking back when you have a moment or ask a travel agent to do it for you.

Thanks guys. I think I will wait a week or two and then try.

CAUTION, SNARKY ALERT!!!!

Hey, DJ, weren't you paying attention, try one of our TAs. You have absolutely nothing to loose. If they can't do better than you can, no one can.

Don't make me come to your site, if you ever get one, and slap you around.

Oops you're a she. You can slap me around then.

END OF SNARKY ALERT

At no time was anyone injured during this post.

I just played with the online reservations system....

It looks like your checkout date (Jan 5?) is beyond the 499 days from right now, BUT I plugged in December 18 - December 31 and all levels of sites showed up. So there is availability, just anything past December 31 is outside the 499 day window.

putting on my TA hat here for a minute... another thing to keep in mind is that once you secure those difficult dates thru Dec 31 you shouldn't have much, if any, trouble modifying it to add additional days on the tail end.

Worst case scenerio... on checkout day the front desk can almost always extend your stay - usually at the same rate too - if you ask but they can't do it until the day of departure. While that option also depends upon availability, I've never had a client who was turned down - one even after she'd left to check into another resort that morning and didn't like the new place - so there are options. Feel free to pm me if I can help in any way...

I would wait until tomorrow and try and get through jan 1st, then calling up at a later date to add the extra days.

BUT I would NOT try to call in at any time next week because the reservations line will be covered up with dining reservations for the Be Our Guest restaurant on Monday.

Just looked again this morning, full availability all four levels, December 18 - Jan 1. Book it NOW!!!

Then in a couple of weeks when the Be Our Guest restaurant ressies have died down call back and extend to your actual checkout date and drop the early days. Then honestly email one of our FF travel agents and let them takeover looking for discounts!

Thanks Carol & Pam, I got the reservations for Dec 18 - Jan 1 for a premium site. :jumpforjoy

As you suggested I will wait a couple of weeks and extend my actual checkout date and drop the early and request my loop get my 5th wheel information in.

Can you tell me where I can find the FF travel agents?

I can not express enough graditute for all your help. I got more help here that I did at the other (which will be unnamed) site.

Excellent!! So glad the Fiends could point you in the right direction (I knew they could)!

We've got a few travel agents here that Fiends have used and swear by.

One is a site sponsor - you can find her info here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/misc/support-our-site-sponsors-r259

I'm sure other folks can let you know who they use and how to contact them.

So glad you got it booked! From what I've seen you'll always get more info - and it's accurate too - here as opposed to some other places out there.

As for FF travel agents, Judy has an ad on the site with her contact info. I think Roz might too but you can usually find her on the cruise board if you don't see it. And I'm an agent as well.

I can not express enough graditute for all your help. I got more help here that I did at the other (which will be unnamed) site.

That's what we're all about.

And if you want to be found, harassed, and abused by other Fiends during your stay, get a FF,net sign.

It's perfectly ok if you want to be left alone as well. Some of the Fiends are really weird, not me of course, so it's understandable.

oops, Mo beat me to it. See that's what I like most about FF. There's always a quick response to most any post. :thumbsup1: