Ramblin' Pines CG, Woodbine, MD

We stayed at several campgrounds this summer. I didn't always remember to take pictures of everything, and this was one of them. But, here are a few of this one from our stay in June:

This is basically what the surroundings look like on the edges of the CG, and between some of the sections. Sites are spaced nicely and somewhat even.

IMG_0521.jpg

I have none of our site, or any for that matter. This is in the middle of nowhere. Very beautiful, but not much around.

Playground area and lake:

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Jumping pillow, pool and putt-putt:

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

That's it!

Nice amenities, although they charged extra for the pillow and putt putt. Staff is very rude. No cable or internet, but weak wifi by the office. Outdated but clean restrooms.

This is outside of Baltimore, and there aren't many CG's in the area, which is why I guess they get away with charging what they do. It was very high IMO.

There is a train that runs nearby and I could hear it at night. The nearest store or gas station is several miles away. Roads leading to the CG from the south are narrow, winding ones with no shoulder and a tiny bridge at the bottom of a gulley that was so scary I had to close my eyes when we crossed it. A bigger RV would have to cross alone.

WOW! I opened this thread thinking I would have another "near by" campground to go to for a weekend...lol! :rofl2: I think I'll save my pennies and go to the beach instead. :wave1:

Thank you!! :heart:

I did paint a pretty bad picture. But, if you live close it might be worth a try. There were a lot of weekend folks there.

We have friends in Howard County that we visit every summer. But, I won't go back to this place again, probably stick to Cherry Hill.

It was beautiful countryside, and had enough to do. But really very expensive for what you got. Guess it depends on what you're looking to do when camping.

Off the top of my head, we paid around $350 for one week. It started as a lower weekly AAA rate, but their rates are based on 2 people. It's an extra 5 bucks per day for each person over that (over age 5, I think).

Kinda steep for no Internet, Cable, and dated facilities. And they charge extra for the putt putt and jumping pillow.

We have been to this place once ( that was enough) they do not get very good reviews on the RV Park review site either, so do not feel bad on your report.

Yeah I saw those reviews. They're pretty accurate. I use that site a lot and need to post my reviews for our summer stays.

If they would just give this place a little spit and polish and reduce their rates, it wouldn't be bad at all. I wouldn't even care about the remoteness of it either but they also need to beef up their camp store a little. They didn't even have milk when I needed some.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL we have lacrosse games and football/cheer right down the road from there. Your review is actually nicer than I expected the place to be. There's literally nothing to do/see in Woodbine and it's off the beaten path in terms of highways for overnight stops. With nearly an hour's drive into either dc or balto, I didn't imagine people would bother driving into the city from there but, now that I think about it, it's a nice, safe area.

I always wondered if anyone ever stayed there. Glad to know they do. I figured it was just grass and trees around a little pond. Nice to know there's a pool and a jumping pillow there too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed here on two occasions, one summer visit and one Halloween weekend where it rained the entire 3 days. I paid approx $75 per night to stay here for October camping, that seemed high to me.

I recall Ramblin Pines having a small tiki bar outside of the pool area. May appeal to some folks.

If you hit a rainy weekend like we did, there is Columbia Mall about 20 minutes from here.

Dawn

I have stayed here on two occasions, one summer visit and one Halloween weekend where it rained the entire 3 days. I paid approx $75 per night to stay here for October camping, that seemed high to me.

I recall Ramblin Pines having a small tiki bar outside of the pool area. May appeal to some folks.

If you hit a rainy weekend like we did, there is Columbia Mall about 20 minutes from here.

Dawn

When we were there last summer all they had was a stand that was only open on weekends, they sold slushies, burgers and hot dogs, and individual packaged ice cream treats.

I agree that their rates are steep. But I found everything in that whole area of MD to be pricey. Still beautiful country though.

Wow! For $75/nite I can stay at Outdoor Resorts!

Actually, with the AAA discount I'm paying less than that at the fort for Halloween. Yikes!

Yes. They're outrageous. And the staff is not friendly or helpful. I think I asked about AAA or Good Sam and was denied due to blackout dates or some nonsense.

I agree that their rates are steep. But I found everything in that whole area of MD to be pricey. Still beautiful country though.

Sadly, it isn't just MD, it's the whole mid-atlantic region. Not sure about those farther north on the east coast but some of the CGs in PA & VA, especially those near Lancaster easily top that $100 a night mark for a plot of dirt and some water/elec lines. The fort really is cheaper. If only we didn't need so many tanks of gas to get there... :banghead: