What was that code you were telling us about? The "quick ten-something-or-another"?

Lisa, or maybe it was Bruce, asked if there was a procedure that bus drivers use to request a time out when nature calls. After all, the driving time without a break can be as long as 4-1/2 hours.

The answer was yes, and if you ride the buses, you may have heard it.

At the resort after guests have boarded and the bus is ready to return to the park, the driver will contact the dispatcher on the radio and request a "quick 10-7".

It should be requested at that time so that the next run is not sent to the on-board terminal.

Lisa, or maybe it was Bruce, asked if there was a procedure that bus drivers use to request a time out when nature calls. After all, the driving time without a break can be as long as 4-1/2 hours.

At the resort after guests have boarded and the bus is ready to return to the park, the driver will contact the dispatcher on the radio and request a "quick 10-7".

It should be requested at that time so that the next run is not sent to the on-board terminal.

That's cool! I'll have to keep my ears open for that one.

Yeah!! That was it! So what about those times that are a little more 'urgent'?

Bus driver leading "the wheels on the bus" song on the way to Downtown Disney. Yea I am a kid at heart and hubby didn't claim me.

My husband has started this a few times, for our 2 and 4yo. I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me anymore when he draws this kind of attention to himself. With kids, you are not looked at as weird nearly as quickly :).

Lou, thanks for the info. As a former CM, you learn so much about the parks, and I have to say that the eight years with the company, including 5 in Guest Relations, I learned something new!

My husband has started this a few times, for our 2 and 4yo. I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me anymore when he draws this kind of attention to himself. With kids, you are not looked at as weird nearly as quickly .

I loved it and guests loved it when we were allowed to interact with the guests, but if that driver did that today, and management somehow found out, they would be disciplined and depending on their record, terminated. It would be considered distracted driving.

Anything like that can only be done when the bus is not in motion. Ever since that rash of bus accidents, and I guess they're right, Disney has gotten very serious about it.

I'm pretty sure a few of the veteran drivers are still doing it.

Yeah!! That was it! So what about those times that are a little more 'urgent'?

That's why there are no windows on the back of the bus, so the driver has more privacy.

"Don't worry, folks. I'm just checking the...uh...brake lights. Yeah, that's it."

Will this work for guests too? I could have spared my legs from the palmetto bushes if I could have asked for a quick 10-7!

• 2 months later...