How is this for reassurance:

As far as climate goes, FL is unique because it is a peninsula. That means that it gets dual sea breezes (from the ocean and gulf) every day. Sea breezes cause the air to rise over land near the shore every day (I won't bore you with why). These sea breezes move inland and collide, triggering thunderstorms where they meet (including the Orlando area). Most long time FL residents who live in the areas where the two air masses collide will probably be able to set their watches by the storms when they occur (about 2:00 to 3:00), even though they may not have known the cause. Since these storms are convective (caused by rising air) they are short lived, hit and miss, and won't cause a washout like frontal systems or tropical storms do. Don't fret. There may be a chance of storms, but it won't ruin your vacation. It will rain and then clear up shortly thereafter. Just take the opportunity to duck inside and grab a snack. It will be done raining by the time you are done eating.

That's funny stuff right there. You were trying to be funny, weren't you?

How is this for reassurance:

As far as climate goes, FL is unique because it is a peninsula. That means that it gets dual sea breezes (from the ocean and gulf) every day. Sea breezes cause the air to rise over land near the shore every day (I won't bore you with why). These sea breezes move inland and collide, triggering thunderstorms where they meet (including the Orlando area). Most long time FL residents who live in the areas where the two air masses collide will probably be able to set their watches by the storms when they occur (about 2:00 to 3:00), even though they may not have known the cause. Since these storms are convective (caused by rising air) they are short lived, hit and miss, and won't cause a washout like frontal systems or tropical storms do. Don't fret. There may be a chance of storms, but it won't ruin your vacation. It will rain and then clear up shortly thereafter. Just take the opportunity to duck inside and grab a snack. It will be done raining by the time you are done eating.

Please for the love of all thing no caca, you are NOT a meterologist. You just play one. I married a closet meteriologist. I can see a Ninja weather class approaching.....Oh my.

:clint:

And I HOPE the videographer can capture this one.

Please for the love of all thing no caca, you are NOT a meterologist. You just play one. I married a closet meteriologist. I can see a Ninja weather class approaching.....Oh my.

:clint:

And I HOPE the videographer can capture this one.

Actually I am a meteorologist (at least that's what my degree is in). That being said, I haven't prepared a forecast in 15 years. I'm a computer geek now. ;)

The meteorologist in me has to correct you on that one, Debbie. If there is a 40% chance of rain for a forecast area, that means that historically on days with similar meteorological conditions, 40% of the time it has rained in the past. It has nothing to do with the percent of the area that will get rain.

And now for the sports... Rick?

Hey!! It was MY story - and you rained on it!! ???

But you are right on the nosey about us Central Floridians expecting summer rain showers in the afternoon - well - at least 40% of us! :P

Actually I am a meteorologist (at least that's what my degree is in). That being said, I haven't prepared a forecast in 15 years. I'm a computer geek now. ;)

You are the most fun meteorologist/computer geek I know, but I won't tell anyone. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....the worry was for nothing; the weather was great!! Had a few small showers, but nothing eventful.

Only problem now is wishing I was still there. Boy, I miss the fort.

Told you so.

When you need to worry is when they tell you it's going to be nice with no chance of rain!

Glad to hear you had a great trip.

TCD