MetalDad's "Oh No, You Didn't" Trip Report: A Father-Daughter Weekend At The...

Great trip report! Annie is quite the little helper. :)

I think I may have a little crush on your brother, don't tell Mike. :rofl2:

Last but not least, I will be adding you and yours to my prayers.

Thanks! He looks tough but he's a mush. A good man to be sure!

I just read the end and I can't wait to take my daughter on a weekend or send my hubby out with her for a daddy daughter weekend.

Awesome, I hope a TR follows!

Thanks--love Dory & her funny names for Nemo.

my favorite line from your report: “Sorry Piggy Joe, but I’m gonna eat your family!”

What a sight you three must have been playing mini golf.

Awesome that your mom came & prayers for your sister. She looks like a strong woman.

You'll be so glad you took pictures to remember your trip & especially that you have one of you with your daughter.

Enjoyed reading about your trip.

Dory

Thanks. I'm blessed to have wonderful women in my life! My mom, sisters, wife, and daughters.

Great trip! Your daughter will have such wonderful memories of it.

Thanks, she already is rehashing stories.

Awesome TR - will send prayers for your sister and your family. Keep that man card. Your family looks awesome and I bet the stories around the campfire are priceless.

I hope you don't mind, but your TR reminded me of a You Tub video linked below. Cool musical score by Eddie Vedder It's a video a dad did of his first overnight backpacking trip with his daugher, and I thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwGOcHL4rs8

Thanks. I watched that with my wife. Great video. I need to get a video camera, the one I have is still the old tape model. Haven't even seen it in years.

Well done, John.

Thanks so much for sharing your report.

I hope it inspires other dads to do what you did.

This report will be something for you and Annie to treasure in the future.

I think we should take a vote on who has the best 'stache, your brother or Ben?

It would be close, I bet.

TCD

Many thanks sir, in all fairness, my brother has had a full-on ZZ Top beard, a goatee, clean shaven, fu manchu, and that thing he currently sports (who knows, maybe a little Rollie Fingers handle-bar wax next!)

Ben, on the other hand, has remained true to his 'stache since the day I met him. It's always been that huge and absurd, and unwaivering!

How nice that some of your family came by! Sounds like a really fun trip!

It was. Mom wants me to camp more, since she's only 5 minutes away!

I am SO booking a trip to that campground. Those waterfront sites look great!!

Favorite picture by far is Annie delivering drinks. She looks like "Is this good?" :heartsmiley:

Adorable!

Double adorable that she's sassy and admits to her beloved piggy that she's eating his family!

Be careful... that sassy, brutally honest young girl with off kilter humor will only grow up to be an adult girl with those same qualities. ;)

Great report. Thanks for sharing your father/daughter trip.

Right on! Let me know if you really end up going there, we'll meet up!

I loved the trip report, and I'll be praying for your sister and family ! I especially loved that mom stopped by. You deserve an awesome dad medal !

Wow, thanks, I'll take it.

This was awesome! There is nothing like the bond between a Daddy and his daughter! Love that your Mama joined y'all! I bet your family was fun with all of y'all!

Rita, it's always fun. With a family of our size, you have to have thick skin...cuts down on the drama!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day One: Music: Heart, Aerosmith, Mott The Hoople, T. Rex Drink: Diet Dr. Pepper and Kool-Aid...Ok, I packed some beer too! Smell: Low Tide and Canvas Yes indeed dear reader…you’ve tuned into a TR fro

Loved that Annie apologized to her piggy before she ate!

Thank you for all you and your family do to support cancer research and awareness. Most especially thank you for shaving your head for St. Baldricks in support of childhood cancer. I know many children who have been helped by your generosity.

Yvonne, I wanted to comment on yours seperately.

We spend a lot of time, energy, and effort in this fight. On behalf of my father and brother being survivors, losing my grandmother and mother-in-law, and other scares throughout my family, I feel like I can't do enough.

My sister is part of a group that helps patients and survivors year round. We perform at their big fund-raiser to prepare for the big walk.

We also are involved with a group that raises funds for the American Cancer Society and their big walk event this month. we performed for them this past weekend.

Here's a shot of Ben with the two hostesses/survivors.

20121006_200736.jpg

As a gesture of thanks, they made us our own special pink bras.

Here's mine laying across the mixing board.

20121006_195955.jpg

One of my sister's may be sporting it for the walk!

Here's Ben's...kinda looks like his 'stache!

20121006_200711.jpg

I personally have been doing the St. Baldrick's for a few years now.

The first year that I did it, was just a few days before my daughter's Firts Communion.

Big family event...photos...

I asked her if she minded that I would be bald for her photos.

She asked me why, I told her, and she said it's OK because I'm helping sick kids, and she would always remember that when she saw those photos!

From the mouth of babes.

I thought I'd share a 'before and after' photo!

Before

IMG_0028.jpg

After

IMG_0040.jpg

I'm looking forward to it again this year, I'm thinking of hosting an event at the pizza bar this time, try to encourage some others to participate!

Like Eeyore says "Thanks for noticin'"

MetalDad - I also do St. Baldricks. This will be my fourth year coming up. Last year a group of swimmers I coach came and watched me. They somehow convinced me to leave it in a mohawk. I kept the mohawk for about a week, then it finally had to go.

I started doing it after one of the swimmers I coached passed away from Cancer. I think the least I can do to help is to get my head shaved.

Also, no need to turn in your man card. Supporting your sister and all of the others that are out there running earns you plenty of points.

Best wishes to your sister and to all others.

MetalDad - I also do St. Baldricks. This will be my fourth year coming up. Last year a group of swimmers I coach came and watched me. They somehow convinced me to leave it in a mohawk. I kept the mohawk for about a week, then it finally had to go.

I started doing it after one of the swimmers I coached passed away from Cancer. I think the least I can do to help is to get my head shaved.

Also, no need to turn in your man card. Supporting your sister and all of the others that are out there running earns you plenty of points.

Best wishes to your sister and to all others.

Thanks. That's so great that you are involved. Good luck on this year's campaign!

MD awesome update, although I am waiting for BM to post the picture of you showing off your bra to return the favor. Being involved in events like this is great. I will be praying for your family in their battle.

Awesome. I tried to take one, but I couldn't get mine around my shoulders without destroying it. Ever see Chris Farley in the film Tommy Boy? "Fat guy in a little coat!"

Late to the party but loved the TR. Great Daddy/Daughter time, she's so cute and loved the "I'm eating your family" comment.

Looks like a loving and caring family you are a part of.

Thanks for your support to fight cancer. Prayers sent.

Appreciate it! And, thanks for bumping the TR! Another trip this weekend, so I hope to have a new TR soon!

WOW, just got caught up!

Will keep ya'll and others impacted by this Crap in our prayers!

Your daugher eating her Pig's family, priceless

Hubby got me started on NewCastle when we met, didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me. Now, one of my favorites.