Arrival Packet Question

As many of you know I am hosting a rally at the Fort in November. I am trying to figure out if I need to provide any information other than the Rally Schedule. However, it has been over 18months since we last visited the Fort and I can't remember exactly what is provided in the Check-In Packet. Can someone help me remember?

If you had never been to the Fort, what would you like to know that isn't included in the packet?

To be honest, I still haven't looked at the packet they gave us last week.

However, Tony did and it did NOT include a TV lineup. While at the front desk getting assistance, I did request one. They told me they would look, but they weren't printing up additional lineup since it the guide is not available on one of the channels.

They DID have a printout and that is what we used, I HATE to wait for the guide to scroll.

I also noticed, they did NOT include park maps this time.

This is from 2010, but it hasn't changed much...

5437038741_bc0f75b387_b.jpg

General WDW info. brochure, Fort map, Times Guides, Activities schedule...

Last year they didn't include the Times Guides, but prior years they have. Also the WDW brochure we usually get is the big one with general info on all 4 parks. I don't recall ever getting the individual Park Maps, but they usually do have them in a rack by the desk along with the Times Guides for each park.

Oh and if it helps, remind me about a week before and I can probably get my hands on the individual park Times Guides and upload them here for you.

Ditto park maps. :)

I don't recall getting a cable channel lineup last year. But hey, we've got that on here too!

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/walt-disney-world-cable-channel-lineup-r247

WHAT? That seems odd. What about EMH?

See Mo's response above.

I'm STRESSING, I really didn't pay attention. I planned to play everything by ear, and already had the park hours prior to arriving at the Fort.

I did grab park maps later from the front desk when I went to get the mailing address for an overnight package.

One thing, I wish I had, was the front desk number. Would have saved me from locating house phones later. As you will see in my TR. :beathorse:

And Mo or Carol can help on this one, but I don't think the map of the Fort internal transportation mentions a bus to WL. Someone in your group may want that info for the gym or other reasons. I.e pool or bar hop.

Sorry, but I don't have that good of memory. But I'm going to be checking back in on this thread. I so look forward to getting TT backed into our lot, getting everything setup, then sitting down at the picnic table with a cold beer and peeling through every word of the package.

It would be so much less fulfilling if they just handed you a key and said have a nice day.

Oh and if it helps, remind me about a week before and I can probably get my hands on the individual park Times Guides and upload them here for you.

Ditto park maps. :)

I don't recall getting a cable channel lineup last year. But hey, we've got that on here too!

http://www.fortfiend...nel-lineup-r247

Mo, is that viacom issue still in effect on the cable lineup?

I will be there the day before the rest of the attendees so I should be able to get the individual park times guide..right?

One thing, I wish I had, was the front desk number. Would have saved me from locating house phones later. As you will see in my TR. :beathorse:

And Mo or Carol can help on this one, but I don't think the map of the Fort internal transportation mentions a bus to WL. Someone in your group may want that info for the gym or other reasons. I.e pool or bar hop.

both good ideas.

Lou, i see you lurking... you got anything to add? besides telling them to stay off the buses?

Mo, is that viacom issue still in effect on the cable lineup?

Not sure - haven't heard any updates lately.

I will be there the day before the rest of the attendees so I should be able to get the individual park times guide..right?

Yes. Keep in mind that they switch over on Sat/Sun. Some years when we've checked in on a Saturday, they've actually given us both weeks.

Handy phone numbers to plug into your phone now...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/fort-wilderness-contact-information-r10

Sorry, but I don't have that good of memory. But I'm going to be checking back in on this thread. I so look forward to getting TT backed into our lot, getting everything setup, then sitting down at the picnic table with a cold beer and peeling through every word of the package.

It's funny because the first few trips I'd tear through that packet like there was gold in it.

These days more often than not it gets put on a counter or under the end table and I find it a week later, still intact. 8)

Not sure - haven't heard any updates lately.

OMG... MO DOESN'T KNOW.... sorry, couldn't help myself... :rofl3:

Yes. Keep in mind that they switch over on Sat/Sun. Some years when we've checked in on a Saturday, they've actually given us both weeks.

Handy phone numbers to plug into your phone now...

http://www.fortfiend...information-r10

indeed...

It's funny because the first few trips I'd tear through that packet like there was gold in it.

These days more often than not it gets put on a counter or under the end table and I find it a week later, still intact. 8)

hmmm... if only I can get to that point

I have my packet from last weekend. It includes: directory of services; Your Guide the the Magic book which does include park maps, DTD map, water park maps, and general WDW map; FtW Map a tiny one; pictures of approved and unapproved fire pits; guide for holiday decorations; recreation activities;, park hours; golf cart rules, nev rules; authorized and unauthorized vehicles; and my bill. The check-in hostess also put our parking passes & room keys in the packet. That's about it!

I have my packet from last weekend. It includes: directory of services; Your Guide the the Magic book which does include park maps, DTD map, water park maps, and general WDW map; FtW Map a tiny one; pictures of approved and unapproved fire pits; guide for holiday decorations; recreation activities;, park hours; golf cart rules, nev rules; authorized and unauthorized vehicles; and my bill. The check-in hostess also put our parking passes & room keys in the packet. That's about it! (that was funny)

Wow. Thanks Debbie!

Can you tell me what is on the directory of services?

Sounds like I can keep my printing small