Least favorite Ride or Attraction????

Another vote for Stitch here...

For those with motion sickness, ask your Dr for a prescription for Trans Derm Scop patches.    I took Dramamine prior to a whale watch off Maui and missed most of.  Forget the Road to Hana...  Prior to the Alaska trip I got a prescription for the patches and was fine on the glacier cruise out of Seward.  The waves were crashing over the bow of the boat and into the windows of the wheel house.  We were being tossed all over the place and I was just fine.  You put on a patch behind your ear and it lasts for several days.  :parrot:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought of another one.  How about the 'new' Kodak ride?  The original was light years better.  The new one - two thumbs down.  Even after they tried to perk it up a bit (rumor has it, right after Michael Isner got his first look at it).  The original version of the refurbishment did not include the now iconic Figment character.

The definition of lame.

All the attractions listed are on the 'Skip List' but no one has mentioned the Tomorrowland Speedway.  A long wait, noxious fumes and a case of whiplash.  The kids do love it though so I am not able to skip it.

I was so happy when my kids finally outgrew Tomorrowland Speedway. :rofl2: Now I have grandchildren and you just know what their favorite rid is don't you :rofl2: Oh well anything for the grandbabies.

doodlebug

I am sure a lot of people with disagree with me but my least favorite ride is 'Space Mountain'.  One week after Space Mountain opened for the first time many years ago my wife and I rode it.  Believe me, I do not do well on fast roller coaster rides in the dark!  I have tried it again a few times since that first experience and my head and stomach still can't handle the motion!  But my wife, children and grandchildren love it!  I will continue to be happy to just sit and wait for them to finish the ride and that way I am not sick the rest of the day!

I am sure a lot of people with disagree with me but my least favorite ride is 'Space Mountain'.  One week after Space Mountain opened for the first time many years ago my wife and I rode it.  Believe me, I do not do well on fast roller coaster rides in the dark!  I have tried it again a few times since that first experience and my head and stomach still can't handle the motion!  But my wife, children and grandchildren love it!  I will continue to be happy to just sit and wait for them to finish the ride and that way I am not sick the rest of the day!

I don't do Space Mountain either. It does something to my neck that gives me a headache for the rest of the day.

doodlebug

I would like to see Tomorrowland Speedway get a major rework, and a Cars theme overlay. Swap the noxious gas carts for electric, and use embeded guidepaths to keep them on track instead of rails. On board sound effects (revving, peeling out and squealing brakes) and vibration effects could make the electric cars cooler than the gas ones ever were. Roadside animatronics and Monument Valley scenery could turn this from a dated snoozer to a crown jewel.

I just wanted to protest that in their day Journey to the Moon and Mission to Mars were very enjoyable. That and Dreamflight were real highlights of Tomorrowland for me. And, Alien Encounter was thrilling (horrifying), perhaps a little too much so. Prompting Disney to tame it down, all the way to making it a snoozer. Besides being boring, I dislike Stitch, so this attraction earns the Waste of Space Seal from me.

Also earning the Seal: Wonders of Life pavilion, Journey into Imagination pavilion, the huge "storage room" in Germany that was supposed to be the Rhine River ride, Rafiki's Planet Watch (zzz), Sounds Dangerous (revert, please), all the studios warehouses that are just props now that production has moved out, and the Odysey restaurant's prime real estate.

Stitch's Great Escape made me want to escape. Glad it was almost a walk on.  Could also do w/o Narnia. We actually waited for that waste of time.

Ditto!  Hated Narnia!  Stitch the kids like....I have to say we were able to avoid it the last time we were there woo hoo.  TG for small favors!

I would like to see Tomorrowland Speedway get a major rework, and a Cars theme overlay. Swap the noxious gas carts for electric, and use embeded guidepaths to keep them on track instead of rails. On board sound effects (revving, peeling out and squealing brakes) and vibration effects could make the electric cars cooler than the gas ones ever were. Roadside animatronics and Monument Valley scenery could turn this from a dated snoozer to a crown jewel.

I just wanted to protest that in their day Journey to the Moon and Mission to Mars were very enjoyable. That and Dreamflight were real highlights of Tomorrowland for me. And, Alien Encounter was thrilling (horrifying), perhaps a little too much so. Prompting Disney to tame it down, all the way to making it a snoozer. Besides being boring, I dislike Stitch, so this attraction earns the Waste of Space Seal from me.

Also earning the Seal: Wonders of Life pavilion, Journey into Imagination pavilion, the huge "storage room" in Germany that was supposed to be the Rhine River ride, Rafiki's Planet Watch (zzz), Sounds Dangerous (revert, please), all the studios warehouses that are just props now that production has moved out, and the Odysey restaurant's prime real estate.

Shan, very well said, I agree with almost all of it!!!  DHS in general needs a LOT of work.  The back lot is a waste of space, and all the buildings etc in that area are just storage now.

I love the speedway, just because of the nostalgia thing, I remember riding it with my dad, and Matt loves riding it with me.... so I am ok with it!  :wiz:

Erica and Matt HATE stitch, i have never been on it!

Ellen's energy thing SUCKS, I want that hour of my life back!!!

Drew's thing is AWESOME, it is nice and cool and a great place to take a nap...  8)

I have to be the one to say tho.... It's a small world SUCKS, so boring and lame, I know I will get flamed, but it had to be said...  :wiz:

Shan, very well said, I agree with almost all of it!!!  DHS in general needs a LOT of work.  The back lot is a waste of space, and all the buildings etc in that area are just storage now.

I have to be the one to say tho.... It's a small world SUCKS, so boring and lame, I know I will get flamed, but it had to be said...  :heart:

this is probably gonna sound lame but I miss the animation studios.  There was something very cool about walking through while they were working on pictures or just painting the cells.  I was very disappointed to find out they'd removed it. 

This may make me unpopular as well but the only thing I'd want to do over and over again at DHS is Toy Story Mania.  I guess I'm just not that into movies.  I don't think it's worth the ticket or park hoper price for just the one thing.  I think on future trips we will rotate between AK and DHS thus cutting out one ticket every trip.

Although, I wouldn't say it's a small world sucks... I do avoid it because of the song.  It plagues me for days!!

I have to be the one to say tho.... It's a small world SUCKS, so boring and lame, I know I will get flamed, but it had to be said...  :dance:

this is probably gonna sound lame but I miss the animation studios.  There was something very cool about walking through while they were working on pictures or just painting the cells.  I was very disappointed to find out they'd removed it. 

This may make me unpopular as well but the only thing I'd want to do over and over again at DHS is Toy Story Mania.  I guess I'm just not that into movies.  I don't think it's worth the ticket or park hoper price for just the one thing.  I think on future trips we will rotate between AK and DHS thus cutting out one ticket every trip.

Although, I wouldn't say it's a small world sucks... I do avoid it because of the song.  It plagues me for days!!

We do the same thing . I can't find enough in either park to want to stay a whole day.  And I liked the Animation Studio too :heart:

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears

its a world of hopes, its a world of fear

theres so much that we share

that its time we're aware

its a small world after all

CHORUS:

its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun

And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Though the mountains divide

And the oceans are wide

It's a small small world

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears

its a world of hopes, its a world of fear

theres so much that we share

that its time we're aware

CHORUS:

its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun

And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Though the mountains divide

And the oceans are wide

It's a small small world

I  :rofl2: small world!!!  I was so bummed to find out it was closed for renovations when we were there last Sept!  :rofl2: