Whispering Canyon Cafe New Lunch Menu - Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of the new lunch menu at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/10/28/review-new-lunch-menu-at-whispering-canyon-cafe-in-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Some excerpts...

Now, lunch guests have a choice of assorted appetizers (the yummy spring rolls are still available) and entrees, but the skillet has been removed from the options list as we mentioned in our earlier post.

Whispering-Canyon-Cafe-Lunch-Menu-2012-600x414.jpg

Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch Menu 2012 -- click for larger image

Moonshine-Margarita-600x585.jpg

Moonshine Margarita

Navajo-Bread-and-Tomato-Jam-600x427.jpg

Flash Fried Navajo Bread with Citrus-Honey and Tomato Jam

Bacon-and-Egg-Burger-600x404.jpg

Bacon and Egg Burger

Whipering-Canyon-Dessert-Menu-22Sep12-470x625.jpg

Whipering Canyon Dessert Menu 22Sep12 -- click for larger image

Key-Lime-Jalapeno-Cheesecake-458x625.jpg

Jalapeño-Lime Cheesecake

Caramel-Apple-Pie-600x481.jpg

Caramel Apple Pie

The skillet was one of our favorites too - and IMO the best thing on that menu... not counting the apple pie, of course.

It was also one of those themed entree choices that set the WCC apart. Sadly, several of those signature type dishes have been lost at various resort dining venues now. Eventually I fear we'll be eating the same entrees with different names/garnishes everywhere. I blame the DDP.

That bacon and egg burger looks interesting but is not something I would order. Overall, I prefer my burgers rather plain...where I can taste the burger itself. I don't even typically order cheese on mine. That just looks weird.

I'm with you Dave.

And, no matter how tempting this might sound, that $17 price insures I will never try one of those.

$17 for a burger?

Even at Disney that's too much.

Add a beverage, tax and tip to that, and you are paying over $25 for lunch.

TCD

It was also one of those themed entree choices that set the WCC apart. Sadly, several of those signature type dishes have been lost at various resort dining venues now. Eventually I fear we'll be eating the same entrees with different names/garnishes everywhere. I blame the DDP.

I'm with you too, Pam.

Every menu is the same- a few burgers, a pulled pork sandwich or flatbread, a salad or two, and some "unique" entrees. All in the same price range. The only difference is they'll through in some weird kind of bun, topping or garnish.

And charge out the ying-yang for it all.

All to make the DDP suckers think they are getting a great deal.

TCD

• 6 months later...