I'm not sure where to put this so I figured this makes sense...

I'm headed up to the fort with my boyfriend who likes to fish I know that they have catch and release but can you bring your own pole or do you have to rent from FW? It's a pretty tight budgeted trip and I'm trying to lovingly nudge my boyfriend into being a some what of a disney fan so if little things like going fishing at the fort can make him want to come with me then I am going to do everything in my power to make that happen.. for purely selfish reasons of course..

Jill

Jill,

If you don't already know here is the info on renting fishing gear etc at the Fort - hope this helps

You can also rent Casting Rod Fishing for $6 per 1/2 hour or $12.50 per day. You can purchase Worms or Wrigglers for $5 per package and Nightcrawlers for $6 per package.

Andrew

Bring your own poles and bait, buying worms at the bike barn are about a dollar a piece. If you're on the dock long enough someone will give you some worms. People go buy them for little Willard to fish with, he gets excited for about 5 mins and they leave and give you the worms they just spent $7 on.

Bait can be almost anything, personally I like to use chicken skin from the GAG, its really not the skin but the breading they like, Tom the site stealer told me about salami and that works good too. Hot dogs work the best but are a real pain in the butt to keep on the hook, so you see , it's real sport fishing.

I prefer to fish off the dock behind the Meadows although there are a million places to fish along the canals. I have cough many bream along with some huge catfish and bass out of the lake. Turtles are plentiful in all the water and they like to steal your bait and the occasional alligator. I've seen the big time professional fisherman doing the fancy cast and all that and never see them get anything.