My husband and I had planned on traveling to New Mexico after Christmas. Last week we determined that snow doesn't appear to be in the near forecasted future, and after one too many Disney Christmas photos… I picked up the phone to call our favorite reservation line.

WOOT! I managed to get a premium site for four nights between the 27th, checking out on the 31st. Last minute. Oh wow. Counting my blessings.

But we'd like to stay at least through the 1st. I'm calling every day. Still no luck. So what are our alternatives? We've had annual passes before. We visit Disney at least every 18 months. We know the parks inside and out.

But what I'd like to know is if there is any way possible to "stash" the camper (HA! I know. Spec is going to look at me like I've grown two heads) for an overnight. We're traveling with two dogs. I can also "stash" them at the Best Friends kennel and we'll just pack a small bag to stay at one of the resorts.

Are there trusted off-sites? I know it's a bunch of work but the one thing we have never seen are the New Years celebration in the Magic Kingdom.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm afraid I need to count my lucky stars I did snag four nights and settle.

If you can snag a reservation at another resort, they should allow you to park the camper there. The only possible issue might be space - I've heard that some resorts have more/better parking than others (some folks here may have better info). Stash the furry ones at Best Friends and go have fun!

In the meantime keep calling and checking. You might even luck out and snag the extra day while you're there.

One big suggestion I have for you is to call Judy/Fiesty. She is a travel agent and a sponsor of this site. You can find her ad on the main page here. Since you already have a site for up to the 31st, she may be able to do something for you. The Disney reservation system often places holds on holidays (like Christmas Eve, NYE, etc.), and the reservation agents and website will just say no availability. TA's sometimes know ways of getting around those blocks. This close to NYE, it may not be possible, but you have nothing to lose by calling Judy. And Judy is paid a commission by Disney- so using her services costs you nothing!

TCD

One big suggestion I have for you is to call Judy/Fiesty. She is a travel agent and a sponsor of this site. You can find her ad on the main page here. Since you already have a site for up to the 31st, she may be able to do something for you. The Disney reservation system often places holds on holidays (like Christmas Eve, NYE, etc.), and the reservation agents and website will just say no availability. TA's sometimes know ways of getting around those blocks. This close to NYE, it may not be possible, but you have nothing to lose by calling Judy. And Judy is paid a commission by Disney- so using her services costs you nothing!

TCD

I have read so many great things about what Judy has done for Fiends. I hope she is able to help you out!