Phases of Theme Park Capacity Closures

Since the holiday rush at WDW is fast approaching, I thought it might be helpful to keep this info posted in the Info Pages as a reference. New page is up here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/theme-park-info/theme-park-capacity-closures-r272

For those not aware, we have a whole bunch of Info pages on the website side of the site where we store all kinds of useful info. The Site Map page is organized with links for everything...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

As always, if anyone has updated (confirmed) information, or info/ideas for new Info pages, please drop me a note.

Thanks!! :wave1:

With the new 52 weeks of magic campaign, maybe a page dedicated to what will be offered each week.

Great idea!

Thanks for the info. Since we always stay on property I never knew there were four levels of closure. I jus thought they stopped everybody from entering (stage 4). We always make it to the park before 10 am so we've never been denied access.

Last couple of years there hasn't been a Level 4 - mostly level 2s for a few hours with a few exceptions.

Definitely helps to be staying on property... and to have park hoppers!

• 3 weeks later...

There's speculation out there about what the numbers are, but I don't think Disney ever releases that kind of info.

What's interesting is that, with most of the new Fantasyland open, the MK number should have increased some and yet it's still hit Phase 2/3 almost every day this week.

with most of the new Fantasyland open, the MK number should have increased some and yet it's still hit Phase 2/3 almost every day this week.

Without new Fantasyland, they probably would have hit Phase 4! Just my speculation.

I would love to be at WDW over Christmas/New Year's, but those crowds are just insane. There comes a point when the parks just aren't any fun because of all the people.

For those that haven't been trolling around on the Community board lately, there is a thread going there about the closures in the parks week, including information on wait times...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8560-dec-24th-2012-1140-mk-phase-2-closure/

For those lurkers here who are saying, "What Community Board?"...

There is a whole gigantic section of FortFiends.net that is only accessible to people who create a user login. If you aren't logged in, you won't see it. TONS of stuff goes on there - including a lot of the fun of the FF.net community.

If you're a bit shy, you don't have to post to create a user login, you can still lurk to your heart's content.

Although FortFiends is WAY more fun when people dive in head first and contribute! :banana:

Without new Fantasyland, they probably would have hit Phase 4! Just my speculation.

I was thinking the same thing.

I would love to be at WDW over Christmas/New Year's, but those crowds are just insane. There comes a point when the parks just aren't any fun because of all the people.

A part of me has wanted to just "be there" for Christmas sometime. I realize it will be wall to wall people and that I absolutely won't wait in any of those lines, but there's got to be something cool about things like seeing the amazing NYE fireworks in a sea of people all going "oooh! ahhh!"

Ok, so maybe I'm just crazy. But I *am* going to do it some day. Probably alone as DH thinks I'm certifiable whenever I bring it up.

My thinking is that as long as that week is just part of my vacation, and I still have another week or 2 of *normal* crowds, I wouldn't regret it.

A part of me has wanted to just "be there" for Christmas sometime. I realize it will be wall to wall people and that I absolutely won't wait in any of those lines, but there's got to be something cool about things like seeing the amazing NYE fireworks in a sea of people all going "oooh! ahhh!"

Ok, so maybe I'm just crazy. But I *am* going to do it some day. Probably alone as DH thinks I'm certifiable whenever I bring it up.

My thinking is that as long as that week is just part of my vacation, and I still have another week or 2 of *normal* crowds, I wouldn't regret it.

I feel the same way! And David would agree with your DH. I would also love to be in Times Square for NYE, but I would have to do that alone too.

Well that settles it. We'll just have to plan our "crazy" trips for the same time so our DH can hang out together at the Fort while we go brave the crowds! :)

I must get it from my mother. She was just saying she wanted to go to Times Square for NYE... and my dad looked at her like she just sprouted an extra head.

Rumor is that due to guest feedback, the max capacity was dropped this year. This is why MK is hitting pahse 2s and 3s so quickly even with the expanded lands. So a phase 2 this year is not as bad as a phase 2 last year. Its still crowded, but not as crowded.