We are already in the planning stages for the first weekend.. but we won't be staying at the fort a friend is coming who's not a camper and since it'll be really hot out it'll be nice to go back to an air conditioned hotel room... I'm hoping George Lucas will be there this year because of the purchase it would be cool if they did something big for it... I'm also anxiously awaiting the guest list I'm really hoping David Tennant will be there this year since he's a new character to the cartoon series

More from the Disney Parks Blog...

While details are still being planned, we’re excited to announce that James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein are returning as celebrity hosts for the annual special event. James, the voice behind many of the most famous animated characters in film, television and commercials, is known to Star Wars fans as the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. Ashley, who started her show business career as a parade dancer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is the voice of Anakin’s ambitious Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

James is the Official Celebrity Host of Star Wars Weekends 2013, and Ashley is Celebrity Host of “Behind the Force,” a live show that takes fans behind-the-scenes in the Star Wars universe.

Be sure to program your scanning droids to check here for the latest updates from the Galactic Senate about Star Wars Weekends 2013.

For guests who may be considering a visit to Walt Disney World Resort for their very first Star Wars Weekends, here’s a short overview video with our own galactic reporter, “Jedi John” (please note his very stylish “mic saber”). While the celebrity appearances for this year have not been announced (stay tuned for those names in an upcoming post), John talks to some Star Wars celebrities from past events to get their thoughts.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/12/star-wars-weekends-2013-dates-announced/

• 4 months later...

I'm sure SFBD be along to yell at me, but here's the most comprehensive list I could find, on WDWMagic...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/star-wars-weekends.htm

Most of that list is last years and previous years dates. I did find this from Allears.net

http://allears.net/tp/mgm/m_starwars.htm

Well phooey!

But hey, guess what just fell from the sky? 

Weekend 1: May 17 - 19

• Ray Park - (Darth Maul - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
  •  Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)
  • Dee Bradley Barker (Voice of Captain Rex - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Weekend 2: May 24 - 26

• Ray Park (Darth Maul - Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
  • Warwick Davis (everyone's favorite Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
  • Jim Cummings (Voice of Hondo Ohnaka - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Weekend 3: May 31 - June 2

• Warwick Davis (everyone's favorite Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
  • Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar - Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)
  • Sam Witwer (Voice of Darth Maul - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Weekend 4: June 7 - 9

• Billy Dee Williams (everyone's favorite galactic smuggler, Lando Calrissian)
  • Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope,Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)
  • Tom Kane (Voice of Yoda - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Thank you, oh magical provider of information!  8)

From the Disney Parks Blog...

dtm118673SMALL.jpg

I’m excited to share that the Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience will be returning for Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this year. The experience will be located inside Darth’s Mall, the highly themed merchandise destination located in the courtyard adjacent to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. You may recall we first introduced the Carbon-Freeze Me experience last year during Star Wars Weekends (my fellow author Gary Buchanan explains how it works in this video). We also introduced the experience at Celebration VI, the ultimate Star Wars fan event that was held last August in Orlando, Florida.

This year, we are bringing back the popular “cast yourself in Carbonite” option that was inspired by a scene from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. We are also delighted to offer a new option featuring the elite soldiers of the Galactic Empire, the Stormtroopers.

dtm228673SMALL.jpg

The 10-minute experience uses the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner created by our Imagineering scientists with Disney Research labs. That captured image is later sent to a high resolution 3D printer to create the figurine. The completed figurine will arrive within 7-8 weeks after the experience if shipping domestically (it takes a little longer if shipping internationally). Guests will also receive either a Carbon-Freeze Me light-up band or a collector button depending upon which option they choose.

The Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience is $99.95, plus shipping and applicable sales tax.

dtm338673SMALL.jpg

To book your experience, please call 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324) to ask about availability. We will only offer the experience during Star Wars Weekends 2013 (May 17 – 19, May 24 – 26, May 31 – June 2, and June 7 – 9).

Please note: Separate theme park admission required for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. No discounts apply unless otherwise noted. Guests must be at least three (3) years of age to participate. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or in the event a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature, is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. Certain restrictions may apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change without notice.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/star-wars-d-tech-me-experience-returns-to-star-wars-weekends-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-starting-may-17-2013/

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Just in time for Star Wars Weekends, this designer cupcake is back – rich chocolate-peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting with Darth Vader and a kitschy saber (actually a plastic pick) topping the confection.

dar839292SMALL.jpg

You’ll only find it May 17-June 9 at ABC Commissary, Pizza Planet, Backlot Express, Studio Catering Company, Starring Rolls, Rosie’s All-American Cafe and Fairfax Faire. Cost is $4.99 and the cupcake is on the Disney Dining Plan.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/yummy-confection-goes-to-the-dark-side-for-star-wars-weekends-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

• 2 weeks later...