OT Rumor: lord of rings land or theme park at universal?

I have read rumors in a few places about this. Just wondering if anyone in florida has heard anything about this or if any preliminary permits have been drawn. I would love to see this but not bc i would want to go there. But it may put more pressure, ala wwohp, to do a star wars land type expansion at dhs sooner rather than later.

My question is where the heck would they put it?

There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of land for expansion over at Universal - unless they've bought out a neighborhood recently.

As it is WWOHP is waaaaaaaaay too small. I saw reports that over Christmas week there was over an hour wait just to get into that land. Having been there last year when you had to wait 30 minutes to get into one of the shops, and then all you could do was shuffle with the masses, that has to be a nightmare.

Doing LOTR on a small scale would be cool, but might also be a similar mistake if they don't really have the room for it.

Although...

They could always plow over older parts of UO and I don't think people would shed any tears. Just keep some incarnation of The Mummy and the Irish pub and I'd be happy. 8)

I haven't kept up on Universal news lately, but there was a LOT of construction in the UO park in November.

That rumor has been around for a couple of years, but I haven't heard anything definite yet. If it were to happen, would it be based on the books or on the movies? I'm a fan of both, but there are major differences between the two.

As a purist, I'd like to see it follow the books.