Marathon inspires New Balance's Rundisney shoe

Good find Aaron!

Ed & I just had a lengthy conversation about running shoes. I prefer Asics, he likes Sauconys.

I've never run in New Balance, but may need to make an exception now. ^-^

Rumor has it that these are by far the hardest thing to find at rundisney events. According to what I've read from people who were at the wdw marathon, there were 500 pairs for the wdw marathon and another 500 pairs for DL's Tinkerbelle marathon this weekend but they sold out in wdw so fast that they shipped 250 more pairs from the Tink allottment to wdw. Assuming the numbers quoted are accurate and no more shoes produced, that would have left only 250 pairs for Tink.

What I do know for sure is that once again ff.net had fiends on the scene for accurate & up to date info on this and other news.

Judy reported early this afternoon that they only had ladies size 7s left in stock. Today was the first day of the expo. It's incredible how popular these shoes appear to be. I hope they continue to produce them and sell them to the non-race-going public one day.

Here's a different article that came out last week about the shoes...

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/run-karla-run/2013/jan/11/new-balance-and-disney-team-new-partnership-rundis/

That article says:

"we'll evaluate after this weekend whether we'll make more"

My guess would be yes they will, since they sold so quickly.

I was shocked at $125 a pair. I would have expected a lot more being Disney's name is on them. :thumbsup2: