We're very happy to have my parents joining us for a trip to the Fort in June. :yay: I've called and reserved a cabin (ADA one) and am currently researching the best deal out there for a scooter for my dad. He's a vet with disabilities related to agent orange and, of course, old age.

Anyone have a direction to send me for cheap rental?

Not sure about rates, but we do have several of the ECV/scooter rental companies frequently seen around WDW listed here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/ecvs/scooterecv-rentals-r191

One note... there was a policy change recently with off-site scooter deliveries. From AllEars...

Effective November 1, 2012, Walt Disney World will implement a new ECV rental policy. Disney has selected five scooter/wheelchair/ECV rental companies as approved vendors. This means these companies are the ONLY companies allowed to drop off rentals at the front desk/bell stand of a Disney resort for them to be held for guests. Guests using these approved companies will also be allowed to return their rentals to their resort's front desk when they check out. Vendors that are not on the approved list will now have to arrange specific meeting times with their customers and deliver the rental in person. Likewise, when the rental is completed, the guest must make arrangements to deliver the scooter to the company. Disney will no longer provide a courtesy hold/storage for vendors not on the approved list. AllEars.Net's recommended scooter rental company Buena Vista Scooters is on the approved vendor list, and as such will continue to leave/pick up rental scooters with Disney resorts' Bell Services.

More info...

http://allears.net/pl/ecv_faq.htm

I don't know them, Just a quick search..

http://www.scootorlando.com/

**Free delivery & pickup to area hotels that are within 10 miles of the Orlando Amusement Parks. Free delivery within the same area also to Timeshare and Villa Rental Properties where a front desk/lobby, concierge or bell captain station is available for delivery and pick up.

Deb depending and when you are going to be there, Rich has 2 and might be able to loan you one of them. Make sure if you reserve one that it can be cancelled, because if the one he has loaned out is back and running, I see no problem with your Dad borrowing it.

We used Apple Scooter Rental when we went, and they had the best prices for longer term rentals. I searched around and I think these are the approved companies, Apple Scooters, Best Price Mobility, Buena Vista Scooters, CARE Medical, and Scooterbug.

Best Regards,

Norm

Just to clarify that the companies that Norm correctly listed are not approved by Disney as Disney doesn't like to use that word, but are designated as featured, and or, preferred vendors. However you can rent a scooter from any company. It's just that Disney will not be involved in the delivery or pickup process.

Also, size does matter. The scooter companies will rent you a Mack truck size scooter if you let them. 48 inches is the max length Go with the smallest scooter that fits your needs. Too small is not good either as they are less stable.

And unless you want to get dirty looks from bus drivers, and in some cases, denied loading on the bus, stay away from the "Dream" behemoth scooter.

• 2 weeks later...