how bad are 8's and 9's?

My parent's are going to WDW from 3/7-3/15. They are helping friends pack up their house and my parents are staying at WDW since it's pretty close to where their friends live (at one of the Values). They have AP's and have been to WDW a ton but have not been there recently when the crowds numbers were so high. They don't ride the major stuff, but how bad will the lines be for the less popular stuff? Like Spaceship Earth and Mexcio? Will that stuff have long waits?

any suggestions for hotel hopping and things to see or places to eat if the parks get too nuts for them?

One nice thing to do when we go to epcot and only feel like doing half is go out the back gate and take the boat to the Boardwalk. Get something to eat. Then head over to Hollywood studios. Also Downtown Disney is alright. They have the boat ride that takes you to POR they go by those Tree Houses we do that and get off at Port Orleans and get us a something to eat there. Also theres Crockets Travern Love the Breakfast! Oh there is so much to do! LOL! Hope they Have Fun!

but how bad will the lines be for the less popular stuff? Like Spaceship Earth and Mexcio? Will that stuff have long waits?

It might be even busier than an 8 or a 9.

While the less popular rides will have shorter lines, they won't be short lines because of exactly what you're thinking.

Whenever the lines are long at the most popular attractions, people naturally go to the attractions that normally have shorter lines and so they end up having longer lines than normal. Getting FPs early is key for times like that.

Also Spaceship Earth is number 10 on Disney's list for the top 10 must do's at Epcot, so it's still popular.

It might be even busier than an 8 or a 9.

While the less popular rides will have shorter lines, they won't be short lines because of exactly what you're thinking.

Whenever the lines are long at the most popular attractions, people naturally go to the attractions that normally have shorter lines and so they end up having longer lines than normal. Getting FPs early is key for times like that.

Also Spaceship Earth is number 10 on Disney's list for the top 10 must do's at Epcot, so it's still popular.

Yes, but even when the line is snaking around outside the big golf ball, it still moves quick.

In Epcot, attractions like Spaceship Earth, the new Nemo ride, Universe of Energy, the Mexico ride and the Norway ride all have manageable waits, even on the busiest of days. Plus, the movies in China, France and Canada are always easy to do. The America show is a great thing to see once in a while.

SSB-since your parents have AP's and have been before, they should focus on shows and the less popular, non Fastpass attractions.

They will be fine.

TCD

I just read all this to my mom. Her response was oh yeah! The movies! You won't be there to complain. In my defense the last time they probably attempted one I was 12.

So far their list of things to do is brunch at Ragalin (sp?) Road on Sunday, salted caramel in Germany, and lunch at BOG. Pa is promising pood forn that I can share when he gets home.

My dad naps in Universe of Energy. I have no idea how he does, but I'm jealous. Way too loud for napping for me.

I'm with you dad. That one is a snoozer. But, I do like how it features Ellen. Disney really lucked out on that one. Ellen was nowhere near the phenom she is today when they introduced her in that ride.

The America Adventure is also a great place for a nap.

TCD

I just read all this to my mom. Her response was oh yeah! The movies! You won't be there to complain. In my defense the last time they probably attempted one I was 12.

So far their list of things to do is brunch at Ragalin (sp?) Road on Sunday, salted caramel in Germany, and lunch at BOG. Pa is promising pood forn that I can share when he gets home.

Your parents are on the right track here. My strategy when it's busy is to pick a couple of fun things to do in each park. Once you get there, you can fill in the time around those activities depending on what's available. There's always a show or attraction which we haven't done in a while.

TCD