Sorry I have so many questions but thanks for all of your help.

Anyway, I know you can ride the boat from FW to MK but what is the best way to visit other resorts and parks?

In particular, I will want to visit Pop Century and Grand Floridian as well as Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot.

Thanks again.

g

What we usually do is visit other resorts as our afternoon break. Because you have to transfer to a park. Like we woul go to Epcot, then walk out the International Gateway, explore those resorts, have a meal, then wander on to Studios.

For resorts served by buses only, then go to the resort from any park, then head back to a park or DTD after to get back to the Fort.

Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter can all be reached by boat from DTD

Our experience is that taking the buses from the Fort to be the best (except for the Grand Floridian). We ride or walk to the entrance transportation area and just wait for the bus we need. You may find that you need to go from the fort to the transportation center and change buses, but we've sill found it to be the fastest route. (on edit: I've forgotten about going to Downtown Disney as a change over - great point!)

For the Grand Floridian, we've always took the boat to MK and get a second boat from MK to the hotel. It's just a nice ride! Time it right in the evening, and you can watch the fireworks from the lake. Davd

Just a heads up that resort buses no longer go to the Transportation and Ticket Center during normal hours.

All resorts offer either, bus, boat, or Monorail transportation to all parks but no direct round trip transportation to the resorts.

If you have a vehicle, it's quickest to drive to the GF and Pop Century. If not, transfer to a boat or the Monorail at MK for the GF and at the MK or DHS to catch a bus to Pop Century. Just be mindful of the transportation operation hours if it's during the evening.

There is always cabs for resort to resort transportation as it could take you up to 90 minutes to get to another resort.

The rule of thumb is to allow 45 minutes per leg and you'll have two legs. More than likely it will take less, but you never know.