Going April 2013 Need Rec for Cabin Loop

2500 Loop is right near the cabins pool. 2100 loop backs up to the 1100 loop that has a sidewalk to a comfort station if you don't want to fight for the one bathroom in a cabin.

The cabin loops are pretty large so if you have a cabin at the back of any of the loops you could be a ways from the bus stop.

I would recommend just asking to be near transportation, or near the entrance of a loop.

I agree with Carol's advice. The cabin loops are all located in the same area, and there aren't significant differences between the loops.

You mentioned on another thread that you have a golf cart, so being close to transportation is not a big issue for you. You will want to use your cart to take your family to the Settlement marina for the boat to the MK, or to the Outpost bus stop for buses to the other parks and Downtown Disney. If you didn't have a cart, being near the loop entrance and an internal bus stop would be important. With a cart, it's not important.

With three kids, you may enjoy being walking distance to the cabin pool. This is also where the laundry room is for the cabins, in case that is important to you. 2500 would put you close to those.

TCD

This is great info. In my research, I read somewhere that loops 2800 and 2700 were the "newer" cabins. With that in mind, I was also hoping that those cabins would have a bit more room or newer beds. We shall see, and I will post a TR when all is said and done. I requested loop 2800 near transportation several weeks ago, but thought I would ask those of you with so much more experience at FW for the right info. Has anyone stayed in loop 2800 or 2700 to compare to 2500? If there is not difference, then I can always change the request.

Then again, taking a little trip away from the cabin to do laundry may be the only peace I get during the trip! LOL

- Debbie B.

This is great info. In my research, I read somewhere that loops 2800 and 2700 were the "newer" cabins. With that in mind, I was also hoping that those cabins would have a bit more room or newer beds. We shall see, and I will post a TR when all is said and done. I requested loop 2800 near transportation several weeks ago, but thought I would ask those of you with so much more experience at FW for the right info. Has anyone stayed in loop 2800 or 2700 to compare to 2500? If there is not difference, then I can always change the request.

Then again, taking a little trip away from the cabin to do laundry may be the only peace I get during the trip! LOL

- Debbie B.

We stayed in the 2800 loop cabin our last trip (Dec 2011) in an accessible cabin. I think the hallway is a little wider to accomodate wheelchairs and the bathroom shower had no lip for easy wheelchair access as well. I'm not sure about any others being bigger though because the 2 visits we've had were both in accessible cabins. I do know there kitchen items (coffee maker, utensils, etc.) were not new. There was noticeble wear but everything was clean.

All of the cabins were put in place over about a 1 year period about 12-13 years ago. 2700-2800 "may" have been the last loops to be installed, but they are only 6-7 months newer at the most. I also remember the cabins were refurbished a couple years ago, but all within a 6-7 month period.

I can confirm what Carol said in the previous post. We were cabin people 12-13 years ago, and the "new" cabins were all installed, loop by loop, in about a year's time. 2700 and 2800 were the last loops to be converted from the old Wilderness Homes to the "new" cabins. All the cabins are 12-13 years old at this point. And they are all the same size. The accessible ones wave a wider hall, no bathtub, and a ramp outside, but all the cabins are exactly the same size inside. As with all Disney resorts, they have done a pretty good job maintaining the cabins and keeping them nice, but they all have 12-13 years worth or wear and tear on them now.

Staying on the 2800 loop and hoping that your cabin is in better condition or has newer beds than a cabin on the 2500 loop isn't a valid idea.

TCD