AC's Gettysburg GG 2013 TR

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in!  And first to boot!   I didn't realize they grew cotton in PA.  Looks ready to harvest.

Glad you liked it.......any local insight to offer?

Well, I can't honestly opine on the new VC as I haven't stepped foot in there since it was built.  That has to do with a personal protest as to how it came about and other aspects from the old museum to this new one.  Local politics if you will.  I may have to soften my stance up though.  My Dad is now working there and has said he wants to show me stuff in there.  The new visitors center is about 2-3 miles from me as the crow flies.

My step-mom is high up at the ski-resort pictured.  That is definitely Raven Rock near it.  Black helicopters were a consistent sight over the area in the last quarter of 2001. 

I'm by no means an expert on the battle but am a student of it.  Have walked over lots of ground.  Once upon a time I even found fossils embossed into stone on a bridge in the perk near Big Round Top.  I need to rediscover that again.  Was even a re-enactor long time ago.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask?

Luckily, I got in the new VC right after it opened and was still free. Still haven't seen the Cyclorama since it was moved, I refuse to pay for something that was supposed to be free. We visit a couple times a year and will be at Gettysburg Campground May 15-18. I do miss the old visitor center, but the new one is better for the first time visitor and has a lot more room.

Best Regards,

Norm