A travel agent can be a big help doing the leg work of tracking down discounts for you (like AP, AAA, etc.) instead of spending a bunch of your time on the phone trying to find a CM at Reservations that knows what they're talking about. 

There are a few travel agents that various Fort Fiends use/recommend (I'm sure folks will be along with info), a couple of Fiends are TAs (ditto), and one TA sponsors the site.

I am new to the group and want to know where can I find the list of fort fiend travel agents? I have always made my reservations thru the Disney website. Is it true that you can get cheaper rates if you make it with a travel agent (like AAA for example)?

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/misc/support-our-site-sponsors-r259

Oh and just an FYI - AAA "packages" have to be done through a AAA office. AAA discounts on rooms or sites can be done through any travel agent.  I have never found any advantage to a AAA package though.

The only real savings we ever found was the 10% on the site.  Tickets & everything else never seem to offer a savings.