My parents are planning a trip to WDW for over Halloween. They aren't going to stay at the Fort because the price for a cabin for the 2 of them is insane compared for a value resort (they considered looking into renting a pup but they want a potty). Anywho, the main reason for the Halloween trip is to visit the fort for the parade and seeing decorations. They want to rent a golf cart so they can drive to the parade and then go looping. Anyone know how late they can return the golf cart? Can you rent it for less than a day? Can you make reservations for a one day rental with Disney?

The rental is based on a 24 hr day and yes you can make a 1 day ressie, we've done that when we stay at the Lodge. I think yòu can return it at any time. If I remember correctly there is a drop box for the key when you take it back if no one is there.

I don't recall exactly when this info went up, rates may have changed since then...

DISNEY CART RENTALS
Disney cart rentals are located by the Fort Wilderness Outpost. Advance reservations are highly recommended and accepted up to one year in advance.

Phone: (407) 824-2742
Carts available: 4 person / 6 person (limited number, photo below)
Reported rates:
$63.54/day ($59 plus tax) for 4 person
approx. $84/day for 6 person
Note: Pickup for golf cart rentals starts at 1pm, return time is 11am.
CALL FOR CURRENT RATES *no discounted rates for longer rentals
Includes: windshields
Minimum rental: daily
Cancellation: call

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/golf-cart-rentals-disney-fort-wilderness-and-r100