Sausage Breakfast Things Recipe Needed

OK, BFM, be prepared to tell BFF that he was right (again).

"Sausage Things" were introduced to the Fiends by lklasing.

Here's a link to the post: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6012-this-life-is-just-a-test-now-pass-me-a-beer/page-4#entry147705

And this is the recipe:

They're the easiest things to make for a group or a trip or for whatever family event you may have. 3 ingredients - 4 rolls of pillsbury crescent rolls, 1 pound of sausage and 1 rectangle thing of cream cheese. Cook the sausage, mix with the cream cheese, roll up into the crescent roll triangles and bake at 375 for about 13 minutes or till brown. Easy and they disappear quickly. I make them every trip, so it's become a constant in my reports.

TCD

Here's a link to the post: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6012-this-life-is-just-a-test-now-pass-me-a-beer/page-4#entry147705

And this is the recipe:

They're the easiest things to make for a group or a trip or for whatever family event you may have. 3 ingredients - 4 rolls of pillsbury crescent rolls, 1 pound of sausage and 1 rectangle thing of cream cheese. Cook the sausage, mix with the cream cheese, roll up into the crescent roll triangles and bake at 375 for about 13 minutes or till brown. Easy and they disappear quickly. I make them every trip, so it's become a constant in my reports.

TCD

Bingo.

No but if you add some cheese and eggs it sounds good.

This sounds more like my kind of breakfast than just sausage and crescent rolls.

A friend recently shared this on her Pinterest. Sounds like what you are looking for. This person modified the top layer changing crescents to flaky biscuits. 

http://www.4theloveoffoodblog.com/2013/01/biscuit-and-sausage-peppered-gravy.html

I think I'm trying this one tomorrow. How easy! Thanks Katman

I think that was LivLovesDisney's recipe, maybe?

Another man who thinks with his stomach, I see.

And this is the recipe:

TCD

Ok, first off I am not going to admit he was right.

He told me to search for it and I am somewhat new to the forum so I thought he was pulling my leg wanting me to search on "sausage things" and then proceeded to laugh out loud.

Really? I just thought he was being snarky. I had no clue that they were actually called sausage things.

But thank you for finding the "sausage things" recipe. I will be making them for the kids this week.

Bingo.

oh, shut up!

But thank you for finding the "sausage things" recipe. I will be making them for the kids this week.

Please report back and let us know how they turn out.

After hearing about these, and seeing the recipe, I had intended to make some, but never did.

Now, when I look at the recipe, I have questions.  Four rolls of crescent rolls.  That is a lot.  Do you think that is four tubes?  Or two tubes (I think there are two separate rolls of dough in each tube)?  And the cream cheese.  Mix it in when the sausage is still warm from cooking?  Won't it melt and disappear?  Maybe that's the point?

TCD

Fresh out of the oven.

photobucket-43071-1367496045781_zpsc6028

The cheese melts but doesn't disappear, they are very creamy. I only had a half block of cream cheese and 3/4lb of sausage and there was a lot of cream cheese flavor despite only using half of what the recipe called for.

She definitely meant 4 tubes because you can't put much sausage spread in each roll.  You could maybe do 3 rolls if you were heavy on the meat in each roll.

I'm gonna try rolling it up in the whole thing and cutting it into pinwheels just to get meat into every bite. I also wonder if they could be made ahead ahead.  This recipe sounds like a winner.

BuckeyeFortKid2 just exclaimed, "this are EXXXXcellent!" as I am writing this.

Well, I guess that confirms it. Time for TCD to try them.

Awesome!

Thanks for reporting back.

Those look great!  I will be trying these for sure.

Most importantly, did BFF like them?

TCD

BFF didn't even know she made them until he read this post, as he was already off to work. Also, everytime I pull up this thread I get an add for 'Eggs' at the top and bottom of the screen! Crazy. I hate eggs!