Stuffed Cheesy Garlic Bread

STUFFED-CHEESY-GARLIC-BREAD-3.jpg

recipe-spoon.png

Warm bread, cheese and garlic – just one word – yum!!

Given the choice between candy and bread I’ll choose bread almost every time. Cover that bread with cheese and garlic and it wins hands down!

Whenever we order pizza I am the boring cheese girl. I love my cheese pizza. So when no one else wants cheese but me I’ll order some cheesy bread for myself and let everyone else choose the pizza toppings. Give me some Stuffed Cheesy Garlic Bread and a yummy salad and I’m a happy girl.

The steps are pretty easy. You do need to work with yeast but I promise if you use a thermometer to check the temperature of your water that is the hardest part. The rest is a piece of cake or rather a piece of stuffed cheesy garlic bread!

Cheesey-Bread-Collage.jpg

The bread uses a combination of cheeses which includes cheddar, mozzarella and a parmesan/romano blend. It is pure cheese goodness, inside and out. Not only is the bread topped with a nice layer of cheese but there is cheese sandwiched in between the layers of dough.

cheesy-garlic-bread-2.jpg

Pull apart the layers to reveal a lovely layer of gooey cheese!

cheesy-garlic-bread-closeu.jpg

Ingredients

Dough
Filling
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
  • 3/4 C warm water
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 C flour, plus additional for counter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp cornmeal
  • 1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan Romano Cheese
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried parsley

Instructions

Dough
Topping
Bread
  1. Mix sugar and warm water together. Add in yeast and allow to proof. About 5 minutes.
  2. Add in olive oil.
  3. Add in flour and salt in mixer and use a bread hook attachment to mix. Mix until smooth and elastic
  4. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place dough in bowl.
  5. Cover and allow to rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
  6. Mix together 1/2 C Mozzarella cheese and all other cheeses along with garlic salt, garlic powder and parsley.
  7. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a baking stone in oven while preheating or a cookie sheet turned upside down.
  8. Turn a cookie sheet upside down and cover with parchment paper.
  9. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
  10. Divide dough in half and press out half of the dough into a 8 inch square.
  11. Sprinkle half of the square with 1/2 C of the remaining Mozzarella. Fold dough over and seal closed, pressing with fingers.
  12. Slice the dough crosswise at one inch intervals stopping just before the folded edge. Do not cut all the way through.
  13. Sprinkle with half of the cheese/garlic mixture on top. Repeat with remaining dough.
  14. Slide bread from the cookie sheet onto the stone/baking sheet in the oven leaving the parchment under the bread.
  15. Bake until dough is cooked through and cheese is golden brown about 12-14 minutes. Let cool slightly.
  16. Pull apart into breadsticks and enjoy!

http://www.iheartnaptime.net/stuffed-cheesy-garlic-bread/