I'm hoping for your advice as to how many days to spend in each park, We have a total of 20 park days, and are hoping to visit at least 1 water park and DTD a couple of times. I'm just not sure as to how many days to spend at each of the other parks. 

Also not sure whether to park hop and spend half of the day at one park, have a rest, and half at another?

Cerys   

Wow, 20 park days, I couldn't do that, burnout city.

For me, one day per park. Two days at the parks, day off, two more days, and that's it, done. Four or five park days per visit would be enough for me.

One day is plenty for DTD.

I don't park hop. Not worth the effort.

All this is irelevent due to my situation.

We would use 20 park days, but we MIGHT spend a couple of hours TOPS each day in a park.  However, we have ridden just about every attraction, seen every shop, and eaten in almost all of the restaurants.  We are foodies at WDW and our trips basically revolve around relaxing at the Fort and then having a nice dinner, then we "MIGHT" head into a park for a couple of hours before or after dinner.

We're going for 10 days in December and we're only buying 5 days base tickets.  But we do plan on going to Universal/Islands 2 days.

Our UK tickets differ from the US ones and the difference in price was only about ?10 per adult so was a bit of a no brainer really,  We dont't ctually drive ( my hubby has a disability that makes it impossible for him to do so, and I have the co-ordination of a jelly/jello whatever you call it :rofl2: !!!) So we are staying in Disney and doing Disney!!! Going any where that requires driving is out of the question.

quote author=MagicBus link=topic=1021.msg16717#msg16717 date=1298767702]

Wow, 20 park days, I couldn't do that, burnout city.

For me, one day per park. Two days at the parks, day off, two more days, and that's it, done. Four or five park days per visit would be enough for me.

One day is plenty for DTD.

I don't park hop. Not worth the effort.

All this is irelevent due to my situation.

:heart: you made me lol!!!

We would use 20 park days, but we MIGHT spend a couple of hours TOPS each day in a park.  However, we have ridden just about every attraction, seen every shop, and eaten in almost all of the restaurants.  We are foodies at WDW and our trips basically revolve around relaxing at the Fort and then having a nice dinner, then we "MIGHT" head into a park for a couple of hours before or after dinner.

You see this is my problem, yesterday I gave my children a list of each attraction at each park and told them to write a list of the ones they wanted to go on the most, well there's about 5 in all of WDW that they're not interested in, however I think I may have to prioritise by starting with the attractions which they all want to go on/have not already been on before the others...

Just wasn't too sure whether to pencil in the same amount of days in Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom as to Magic Kingdom/Epcot?   

IMO, you can see DHS & Ak in one day easily. MK & E is easier to break up into 2 days, so you don't have to run around crazy. I like to go a half day to these parks, then chill out at the resort. If you have the 20 days, there's no reason to wear yourselves out.  :rofl2:

First, I would definitely do all the rides over a 20 day stay, but do it with time to stop & smell the roses type atitude. Explore the resorts all around and I would definitely jump over to Universal for a couple of days.

When we plan a normal trip I figure two days per park, one day for each water park. Spend about half a day in the water park, go back & get cleaned up & rested. Then we eat a good dinner somewhere, then go to downtown Disney for the evening.

We actually stay for 20 days at a time each year.  We definitely don't do every day in the parks though.  And while we don't hit EVERY ride - we do hit the majority of them.

We like to park hop a lot, and sometimes will pop into a park for just a few hours to ride something, eat, see a show or fireworks, or just hang out for a bit.

We don't schedule a ton, but we do try and take advantage of PM EMH, so usually pick parks based on that (just our preference).

Generally when we first get there we try and hit each park once, then go back based on what we missed or didn't have a chance to do.  We generally spend more time in MK and EP than the other parks.  I could spend days at AK, but DH isn't a huge fan, so a couple of half days usually covers it.  Lately we've been just popping in and out of HS to hit the rides (TSM, ToT, RnRC) but don't usually spend a lot of time there.

We do hit DTD at least a couple of times, and also try and leave time for some resort hopping/exploration.

This past year we went to Universal for 2 days, but we don't always do that. 

The rest of the time we spend relaxing at the Fort.  ???

First, I would definitely do all the rides over a 20 day stay, but do it with time to stop & smell the roses type atitude. Explore the resorts all around and I would definitely jump over to Universal for a couple of days.

When we plan a normal trip I figure two days per park, one day for each water park. Spend about half a day in the water park, go back & get cleaned up & rested. Then we eat a good dinner somewhere, then go to downtown Disney for the evening.

Yep I am planning on the smell the roses type atitude myself, just being there is enough for me and I would really like to take in all of the little things that can often be missed, how long this will last with a hormonal 14 year old and 3 younger jet lagged children I do not know, I fear you may find a slightly eccentric english lady by herself quietly rocking in the corner somewhere within the Fort at some point during october!!!

We actually stay for 20 days at a time each year.  We definitely don't do every day in the parks though.  And while we don't hit EVERY ride - we do hit the majority of them.

We like to park hop a lot, and sometimes will pop into a park for just a few hours to ride something, eat, see a show or fireworks, or just hang out for a bit.

We don't schedule a ton, but we do try and take advantage of PM EMH, so usually pick parks based on that (just our preference).

Generally when we first get there we try and hit each park once, then go back based on what we missed or didn't have a chance to do.  We generally spend more time in MK and EP than the other parks.  I could spend days at AK, but DH isn't a huge fan, so a couple of half days usually covers it.  Lately we've been just popping in and out of HS to hit the rides (TSM, ToT, RnRC) but don't usually spend a lot of time there.

We do hit DTD at least a couple of times, and also try and leave time for some resort hopping/exploration.

This past year we went to Universal for 2 days, but we don't always do that. 

The rest of the time we spend relaxing at the Fort.  :o

We are going to do a park a day too for the first few days, we are going to just work my way around each park at our own pace (my ds5 has was born with clubfeet and still cannot walk a long way without a little rest)

We are also planning on plenty of meals at other resorts so we can have a good look around, and to spend some time each day at the Fort. 

I am coming to the conclusion that I may be better off going with the general feeling of the family on the day as to how much we do or not. Although we will have ressies so we will know which park we will be going to, so at least I wont be refereeing that arguement :banana:

There will be lots of attractions you will want to ride again and again.  When the lines have been short, we've ridden Buzz Lightyear 3, 4, 5 times in a row.  If only the lines at Toy Story Mania were that short!  There have been days at Epcot when I've ridden Soarin' multiple times, too. 

I would recommend the Park Hopper option.  I was at MK one day when it started to rain.  I decided to take the monorail to Epcot and poke around the front area till the rain stopped. 

I like Downtown Disney in the evening - especially Earl Of Sandwich for a sandwich or salad.  Keep in mind that DTD has lots of stores with pretty bright shiny things.  It's good for the kids to know ahead of time what the budget is. 

There will be lots of attractions you will want to ride again and again.  When the lines have been short, we've ridden Buzz Lightyear 3, 4, 5 times in a row.  If only the lines at Toy Story Mania were that short!  There have been days at Epcot when I've ridden Soarin' multiple times, too. 

I would recommend the Park Hopper option.  I was at MK one day when it started to rain.  I decided to take the monorail to Epcot and poke around the front area till the rain stopped. 

I like Downtown Disney in the evening - especially Earl Of Sandwich for a sandwich or salad.  Keep in mind that DTD has lots of stores with pretty bright shiny things.  It's good for the kids to know ahead of time what the budget is. 

Thanks Judy, the UK tickets automatically include the Park Hopper and Water Parks and More options so no worries there, I think its something we may do on some days  :rofl2:

My children have been saving up all the money they have received for their birthdays and christmas, so they have their own and can buy whatever they like (within reason!), as I know that they will want everything they see ???