It looks like Disney is going to be adding nutritional information to the online menus on their website.

It's not on every menu yet, but the lunch menu for Be Our Guest does include the information...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/be-our-guest-restaurant/menus/lunch/

With each dish's listing there is a "Show Detail" link that, when clicked, slides down to reveal the ingredients, and standard nutritional content summary:

calories

calories from fat

total fat

saturated fat

trans fat

cholesterol

sodium

total carbohydrate

dietary fiber

sugars

protein

It looks like for some items you can click "modify" to alter some portion of the dish and get a new calculation.

For example, removing either or both of the cheeses from the French Onion Soup (although why in the world would you want to do that?!)

I can see this being useful for people who are watching what they eat, but maybe even more useful is the ingredients list for people with food allergies.

It'll be interesting to see how much/quickly this rolls out to the rest of the menus.

While I try not to focus too much on that stuff while on vacation, having that information available is very helpful for people in a variety of situations.  Will the calorie content, at the least, be available on the printed menus in restaurants at some point?  I do find it interesting that having access to that information does guide my decisions.  For instance, I have found that picking the highest calorie entree usually results in getting the tastiest meal.  ;) 

It looks like Disney is going to be adding nutritional information to the online menus on their website.

It's not on every menu yet, but the lunch menu for Be Our Guest does include the information...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/be-our-guest-restaurant/menus/lunch/

With each dish's listing there is a "Show Detail" link that, when clicked, slides down to reveal the ingredients, and standard nutritional content summary:

calories

calories from fat

total fat

saturated fat

trans fat

cholesterol

sodium

total carbohydrate

dietary fiber

sugars

protein

It looks like for some items you can click "modify" to alter some portion of the dish and get a new calculation.

For example, removing either or both of the cheeses from the French Onion Soup (although why in the world would you want to do that?!)

would make weight watchers much easier BUT like Dave I decided to not fuss about it on vacations... and two

It isn't French Onion Soup without the cheese...

No wonder I'm fat.

I would not have guessed the huge calorie difference between the potato leek and French onion soups, or that the ham and cheese sandwich had so many more calories than the turkey:

bognutrition_zps05e23933.jpg

The calories for the braised pork surprise me too.  That is a very filing meal.  I would have thought it had a lot more calories than a sandwich.

TCD

No wonder I'm fat.

I would not have guessed the huge calorie difference between the potato leek and French onion soups, or that the ham and cheese sandwich had so many more calories than the turkey:

bognutrition_zps05e23933.jpg

The calories for the braised pork surprise me too.  That is a very filing meal.  I would have thought it had a lot more calories than a sandwich.

TCD

White bread and cheese are not your dietary friend.  but they sure are yummy!

Will the calorie content, at the least, be available on the printed menus in restaurants at some point?

Haven't seen anything about that yet.  But supposedly you can request the nutritional information as there's usually a printout available, they just don't hand it out unless you ask.

I'm so glad for the allergy info!  I had to go gluten free for medical reasons a couple of months ago (and this bread lover went kicking and screaming, let me tell ya!)  It will be so great to be able to plan out safe meals ahead of time.  I generally don't pay attention to nutrition info as far as fat and calories and such, but I'm kind of gobsmacked at the amount of sodium in some of those meals!

I like this too. I don't usually pay attention on vacation, but it's good to have in case and obviously for people with allergies.

I'm so glad for the allergy info!  I had to go gluten free for medical reasons a couple of months ago (and this bread lover went kicking and screaming, let me tell ya!)  It will be so great to be able to plan out safe meals ahead of time.  I generally don't pay attention to nutrition info as far as fat and calories and such, but I'm kind of gobsmacked at the amount of sodium in some of those meals!

This happened to a good friend of mine a year ago. Now Disney is her favorite place to eat because of all the options she has.