A window table at House of Blues DTD. Casual, a good menu selection, nice view.

How about a picnic supper at The Fort's Clementine Beach and then hang around for the fireworks and Electric Water Parade. A thermos of your favorite drinks. Maybe a few appetizers. A small bouquet of flowers. (I don't know how bad the bugs are that time of year.)

Florida boy, really, you're going to go by the recommendations from the knuckleheads on here? Did you attend Florida public schools or something? Getting any sort of useable advice from Fiends is impossible.

What, because someone you've never met says that they like a restaurant is enough for you. Snap out of it man.

Make up your own mind and go to the official WDW website, not one of the blood sucking leech websites, and select a restaurant based on the price range, positive reviews, location, and type of food you like. 

Oh BTW, skip Judy's cheapo idea. You'll be sleeping on the couch for a week if you try that.

I liked Judy's idea! Especially if he does all the work putting a great picnic together -- no bologna sandwiches or pb&j! :rofl2:

Thank you Gwen. I like the small bouquet from the grocery store where the person has to take the time to pick out just the right one personally rather than pick up the phone (or worse, have the secretary make the call - do the shopping) and have a dozen roses delivered.

The thought and the effort count. If they don't, you either are or you picked the wrong person.

Ok guys, here it is, and after they throw a pillow and blanket at you, tell your your wives that Judy and Gwen said that it was better than sending roses and taking them out for a night on the town. I'm assuming that this will work for anniversaries and mothers day too?

So all you have to do is go to Walmart and pick out a few cheap flowers, a salad, take them home and impress the heck out of your wife.

Ok guys, here it is, and after they throw a pillow and blanket at you, tell your your wives that Judy and Gwen said that it was better than sending roses and taking them out for a night on the town. I'm assuming that this will work for anniversaries and mothers day too?So all you have to do is go to Walmart and pick out a few cheap flowers, a salad, take them home and impress the heck out of your wife.

Yes, it will work for Mother's Day and birthdays, too. Do it with love and sincerity and if she's worth her salt, she'll appreciate it. If you put on your "Lou Attitude" I hope you get your butt kicked.

Now, if you take the $$ you would have spent and buy a new set of golf clubs or a new boat to spend the weekend at the lake with the guys, that's a whole 'nother story.

Do it with love and sincerity 

SEE, I KNEW IT, THERE IS ALWAYS A CATCH

If you put on your "Lou Attitude" I hope you get your butt kicked.

YOU SAY THAT AS IF IT'S A BAD THING.

Now, if you take the $$ you would have spent and buy a new set of golf clubs

I DON'T GOLF.

or a new boat to spend the weekend at the lake with the guys, that's a whole 'nother story.

THERE IS BRAIN EATING AMOEBA IN THE LAKES. And no obvious followup comments to that response please.

Ok guys, here it is, and after they throw a pillow and blanket at you, tell your your wives that Judy and Gwen said that it was better than sending roses and taking them out for a night on the town. I'm assuming that this will work for anniversaries and mothers day too?

So all you have to do is go to Walmart and pick out a few cheap flowers, a salad, take them home and impress the heck out of your wife.

How did my suggestion of an Antipasto platter and a bottle of Rieseling turn into a salad?

How did my suggestion of an Antipasto platter and a bottle of Rieseling turn into a salad?

OK, in addition to the salad, or as Gwen likes to call it, Antipasto, which is  a salad with cold cuts, like that makes a big difference, add a bottle of cheap white wine.

lol......... I hope you didn't believe my above post :rofl3: Seriously, after you find a nice place for dinner, Jellyrolls for some after diner drinks and entertainment can't be beat

I hope you're not going to tell me it's fried squirrel with grits or something like that?

No, it's fried roadkill.  :rofl2:

Seriously, if I were making an antipasto platter I'd include imported prosciutto, hard salami, several types of marinated olives, a wheel of brie, several other types of cheese including gorgonzola, some veggies like marinated artichoke hearts or roasted peppers, and honeydew or cantaloupe.  NO LETTUCE! 

Geez, I'm making myself hungry.