Fa-Tang! - This Trip Report Brought to You By the Letter 12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.  Since I know I love Nicki... and I know that I love MO... and anyone who calls herself Turkey Pants and is related to MO just has to be loveable....   I will gladly add my Hong Kong Phooeyesque  

I have a picture in my head of WWW and a 24-hour MK colliding.  :partythree:  :panic:  :pope:

OMG I love how you think and well... just you in general.  Both of you.  :heartsmiley:   Seriously folks, only do crazy things like this with people you truly adore or you will probably end up killing

All I can say is "FA-TANG GIRL"!
298555_146562678863682_355837733_n.jpg

That is actually one of my favorite pictures from the trip.  I think it brings a delirium flash back.  I had been noticing the lack of pics of me...

For some reason, I am thinking Letter 12 was when we were sitting on a carpet somewhere - it wasn't in HOP, so I was thinking it was in Mickey's PhilharMagic or the Laugh Floor. I really thought it was in the wee hours of the morning.

Come on Monique - help us out here.

By the time that happened I couldn't remember my name so it's entirely possible I confused letters and numbers! 

We can all agree we just don't know for sure.  

Wow, what a different experience the three of you had compared to how the TCD gang enjoyed the 24 hour day.

While you were losing it, we were eating like kings (kings who eat fried chicken that is) back at the 100 loop, getting ready to hit the last six or seven hours.

Thanks for sharing all the photos!  I am proud of all of you!

TCD

Wow, what a different experience the three of you had compared to how the TCD gang enjoyed the 24 hour day.

While you were losing it, we were eating like kings (kings who eat fried chicken that is) back at the 100 loop, getting ready to hit the last six or seven hours.

Thanks for sharing all the photos!  I am proud of all of you!

TCD

very different and there are more waves of delirium to hit.

I do love it when the trip just becomes hysterical.  When you can't stop laughing and you are not even sure why you're laughing.   Some of the best times and memories are made right there...  FA - TANG

Well, I guess it’s my turn. Mo’s SIL, Nicole, here. This is my first time writing a TR entry – so I’ll do my best!

After our train ride, we got off the train in Frontierland and headed over to PotC. It was after 6 o’clock and my friend Melissa started her shift in the Pirates gift shop at 6. We hoped to tick off a ride and a long distance visit in one shot.

I guess I should explain why Nicki and Mo are referring to PotC as “Nicole takes a plunge.” I love Disney. I love the castle and the food and the generally magical ambience of the park. I hate things in costume – there is something about not being able to see a person’s face that makes me instantly weary of them. This made for an interesting situation around Pooh Corner in the wee hours of the morning on this trip. Honestly Tigger, you are lucky I don’t have a concealed carry permit. You don’t just sneak up on a lady like that! Moving on… I also hate rides that have any kind of drop – roller coasters, SM, and, coincidentally, PotC – a drop in the dark + animatronic people in costume = perfect panic attack material.

Ready for the big picture from our PotC ride?

8868936622_94dff6120c_z.jpg

Yep, that’s it. A fancy line number to commemorate my courageous act of riding PotC. Monique had decided that she was going to spray me with the water bottle every time I started to have a panic attack at the beginning of the ride as a deterrent training method. It didn’t help. Neither did the “FA-TANG” she yelled as we were going down the hill in the drop. Seriously, I was plunging to my death and instead of “I love you”, my loving SIL is yelling a rallying battle cry more appropriate for braving the crowds during wishes. I love you too Mo!

After getting off of the ride that plunges one to their death, we were unable to locate my friend in the gift shop. We decided it was about time we had dinner so we got a highly nutritious meal:

294951_10151921345376124_1350388872_n.jp

This was my first ever Pineapple on Pineapple Dole Whip. I figured it was a more balanced meal than a Root Beer Float. It was delicious.

After finishing our dinner, the three of us had to make the second pit stop of the day at the first aid office where Band-Aids and Moleskin are free! I’m not kidding. I know most of you will need to read that again, but if you missed it, I said Moleskin and Band-Aids are F.R.E.E. in the first aid office. And they give them to you by the handfuls! Don’t ask for lotion, they don’t have any! Amazingly, there were only 3 blisters during this whole trip. I had remembered reading on DisneyTouristBlog that you could get Moleskin in the park, you just had to figure out who to ask.  For those that don’t know about this miracle product that can save your feet from untimely blister burnout, it looks like this:

moleskin.jpg

Special Request: If your child has a fever over 100 degrees, do not bring them to the first aid office to pump them full of Motrin so you can enjoy the rest of your day in the park. Your child is suffering from heatstroke. GO BACK TO YOUR HOTEL!

After our feet were doctored up and our hands were left dry and cracky, we decided we were most definitely not going to be hungry for our 9:40 dinner reservation at The Plaza, we cancelled the res so we could get some more rides in.

Next up is this one:

8868918816_b4f2b73a83_z.jpg

We made it onto the last riverboat ride of the night with just minutes to spare. Hooray!

This was an excellent rest for our feet and it provided a nice breeze to help cool off the melty lady. If you are having a memory lapse, I am referring to this lady:

8868396611_54719226f0_z.jpg

After getting off the Riverboat we tried to boogy over to the castle to get prime viewing spots for Wishes, but we got stuck, for the second time of the night, by the Main Street Electrical Parade. So, unless we wanted to walk all the way around the back of the castle, the cranky trio had to wait out the parade. After 15 hours in the park, our feet were not made for walking. So we waited it out.

By the time we made it over to the front of the castle, there were this many people that had gotten there before us:

8870263639_a047b6b669_z.jpg

What the Fort?! Don’t they know that we have been in the park for the last 15+ hours and that we might get a little stabby if they rub up against us at all?

Personal Request: If you bump into somebody while watching Celebrate the Magic and Wishes, please APOLOGIZE and MIND YOUR OWN FREAKING SPACE. Don’t continually elbow that person in the back and pretend that you aren’t. Acknowledge that you were a turd KEEP YOUR BODY TO YOURSELF. If you don't, you are subject to a "FA-TANG" followed by some sort of bodily harm. Thank you.

Requisite Castle Photos from Celebrate the Magic and Wishes:

OOOOOOH

8870622841_45bcd47974_z.jpg

8871220558_949e19a98b_z.jpg

AHHHHHH

8870467329_dd8e420846_z.jpg

8871050860_1b7ac3fd3c_z.jpg

Alright, so the ladies have told me that after Wishes we did the Jungle Cruise and the Flying Carpets of Vomitland, but I am pretty sure we headed over to Tommorowland because I recall plastering myself to the side of a bridge to stay out of the way of the massive crowds. I also recall some woman walking into me and rudely saying "Watch it!" outside of Stitch's Great Escape (Uh, I am sorry for standing here as you plowed into me, I will be more careful next time, you Jack Wagon!) Regardless, we don’t have photos of either, but we did them, and they were both lame. The second longest wait for a ride for the whole day was on the Jungle Cruise. Some guy got his panties in a bunch because he was with a group (some infernal blogging group, we are guessing) and we got in line before the rest of his group made it down the stairs. Thinking back on it, I remember that this guy seriously annoyed me with his “attitude”, but quite honestly, I was 12 hours into delirium and he was probably perfectly polite and friendly. Sorry to infernal blogging guy, who may or may not have had his panties in a bunch 15 or so hours into the 24 hours of magic day at the Magic Kingdom, if you are reading this.

Coming up:

Some Other Stuff That I Can’t Remember Right Now

Nicole we may have been separated at birth. I can't stand the drops on the Disney Rides and scream like a little girl on the drop in pirates. The costumes dont bug me but the drops are horrific. Somehow April of 2012 I thought Splash Mountain would be a good idea. HA!

Monique had decided that she was going to spray me with the water bottle every time I started to have a panic attack at the beginning of the ride as a deterrent training method. It didn’t help. Neither did the “FA-TANG” she yelled as we were going down the hill in the drop. Seriously, I was plunging to my death and instead of “I love you”, my loving SIL is yelling a rallying battle cry more appropriate for braving the crowds during wishes. I love you too Mo!

Hey you're lucky I didn't alpha roll you as planned.  8)

Alright, so the ladies have told me that after Wishes we did the Jungle Cruise and the Flying Carpets of Vomitland, but I am pretty sure we headed over to Tommorowland because I recall plastering myself to the side of a bridge to stay out of the way of the massive crowds.

You are correct there.  The crowds pushed us to Tomorrowland and we circled back around to Adventureland a bit later.

Sorry to infernal blogging guy, who may or may not have had his panties in a bunch 15 or so hours into the 24 hours of magic day at the Magic Kingdom, if you are reading this.

I think one of those guys was Lou's buddy Josh.

Somehow April of 2012 I thought Splash Mountain would be a good idea. HA!

video please -

Monique had decided that she was going to spray me with the water bottle every time I started to have a panic attack at the beginning of the ride as a deterrent training method. It didn’t help. Neither did the “FA-TANG” she yelled as we were going down the hill in the drop. Seriously, I was plunging to my death and instead of “I love you”, my loving SIL is yelling a rallying battle cry more appropriate for braving the crowds during wishes. I love you too Mo!

Hey you're lucky I didn't alpha roll you as planned.  8)

I would have paid money to see that.... just saying.

Alright, so the ladies have told me that after Wishes we did the Jungle Cruise and the Flying Carpets of Vomitland, but I am pretty sure we headed over to Tommorowland because I recall plastering myself to the side of a bridge to stay out of the way of the massive crowds.

You are correct there.  The crowds pushed us to Tomorrowland and we circled back around to Adventureland a bit later.

Sorry to infernal blogging guy, who may or may not have had his panties in a bunch 15 or so hours into the 24 hours of magic day at the Magic Kingdom, if you are reading this.

I think one of those guys was Lou's buddy Josh.

I thought Josh was the guy from Cosmic Rays.

Ok, having a moment of clarity...

We went to Tomorrowland, did Monsters Inc and Stitch (10 minutes of my life I'll never get back but hey, "ride everything" means everything), napped on CoP and rode Buzz where Nicole maxed out the score.  I think Nicki has the photo to prove that one.

Then we wandered back over by Pooh and did the drive-by "HEY DAVE!" just before I was mugged by Tigger.

THEN we headed back over to Adventureland for Jungle Cruise and "Dumbo with Carpets"

...at least I *think* that's what we did.  It was somewhere around 2-3am by then so... you could tell me we took a rocketship to Mars and danced with unicorns and I'd probably believe you.

Ok, having a moment of clarity...

We went to Tomorrowland, did Monsters Inc and Stitch (10 minutes of my life I'll never get back but hey, "ride everything" means everything), napped on CoP and rode Buzz where Nicole maxed out the score.  I think Nicki has the photo to prove that one.

I have that one!

FA-TANG!

942792_10151921934171124_1052923319_n.jp

That's a 900,000 point improvement over my score earlier in the day!

Sorry we didnt even get a pic of the picture of me Wanting to die during The Drop. I didn't know about the other drops and kept trying to figure out how I could get out of those infernal lap bars...even if it meant having to leave the park. 

Definitely separated at birth. You are officially my themepark brother from another mother. Sisterly advice: don't ever go on ToT. Even if 5 year olds are coming off of it saying how awesome it is - they are too young to value their lives and you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.

Definitely separated at birth. You are officially my themepark brother from another mother. Sisterly advice: don't ever go on ToT. Even if 5 year olds are coming off of it saying how awesome it is - they are too young to value their lives and you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.

ToT oh heck no. I have made an oath before all who would listen that I would have to be dragged on to that dead before I would go on.