Fa-Tang! - This Trip Report Brought to You By the Letter 12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok.  Since I know I love Nicki... and I know that I love MO... and anyone who calls herself Turkey Pants and is related to MO just has to be loveable....   I will gladly add my Hong Kong Phooeyesque  

I have a picture in my head of WWW and a 24-hour MK colliding.  :partythree:  :panic:  :pope:

OMG I love how you think and well... just you in general.  Both of you.  :heartsmiley:   Seriously folks, only do crazy things like this with people you truly adore or you will probably end up killing

Ok I'll try and wrap up as much of this not-so-little adventure as I can - sorry there aren't a lot of photos of this part.  Then again after the last 24 hours, you might not be so sorry!

As some of you know, we had a primary goal for this trip - spend all 24 hours in the Magic Kingdom.

CHECK!

As some of you also know, we had a couple of other "wouldn't it be cool if..." things on our list as well, namely:

- ride everything

- try and hit more parks (ideally the other 3) Saturday before we flew home

Ride everything (even Stitch)...

CHECK!

That last one... ooof.

I said from the start that it was just an insane notion in my head, but that if I was still awake I was willing to give it a shot.  AK had a.m. EMH Saturday morning, so theoretically we could have left MK at 6am and made our way there for rope drop at 7.

Turns out being awake wasn't as much of a concern as the condition of our feet.  I really wish I'd remembered the pedometer, because in the wee delirious hours alone we must have criss-crossed the MK at least 4 times.  For no good reason really, other than our brains were mush and we were still (barely) upright.

I think I could have maintained consciousness long enough to get to another park, maybe even 2, but someone would have had to carry me.  I think Nicki will concur.  Nicole would have whipped the heaviest object out of her bag that she could find and bludgeoned us both to death if we didn't get her horizontal with her head on a pillow STAT!   I was a little afraid to have her stand behind me, thinking she might grab my barrette and stab me with it. 

So in the first moment of clarity we'd had in about 12 hours, we hauled our weary hineys to the  POP bus stop, somewhat disappointed, but knowing we would live to be crazy another day.

Oh but if only it were that easy!  By the time we got to the bus stop (where each step went like this... "owie owie owie owie") there was quite the lengthy line.  Lengthy as in "oh crap we're probably going to have to stand IF we even get on the next bus at all."

As it turns out "the next bus" was almost 20 minutes away, during which time we watched no less than 4 buses pull up for AoA.  The first bus picked up the handful of people actually in the line.  The other 3 pulled up and pulled away empty.

What The Fort??  I can't lie.  There were grumblings in the line of a hijack.  I'm pretty sure those people were serious.  We probably would have helped them.

Clearly someone at POP forgot to pay the busman for May!

Upside to the wait...

8870976047_2e452e2a34_b.jpg

I don't know about you all, but I can honestly say I've never watched the sun rise at WDW.

FINALLY the bus arrived and we squeeze ourselves on board... standing.  Holy crap on a cracker.

Longest 15 minutes. of. my. life.

Back to our room, showers all around, and I'm pretty sure I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Thankfully Nicole had managed to get us late check-out (bless you, my child!) so the alarm went off at about noon, which meant we got a little less than 5 hours of sleep... in 36 hours.  Wheeeeeeee!!!

We did awake to an unexpected surprise... a text from a certain Schmuckface Bus Driver wanting to know what our plans were and if we could connect before we head home.

Given the timing and when we needed to catch Magical Express, and that we were bloody exhausted, we decided that lunch at the POP food court was an excellent idea.

Don't let this smiling face fool you.  I'm sure he'd just ripped a lollipop away from a crying baby...

8870949443_553e02787c_c.jpg

Seems fitting to wrap this TR up with a little pood forn...

Tie Dye Cheese Cake

8870964263_58d3206c91_c.jpg

Extra speshul Disney cupcake (Nicole will have to weigh in on the flavor)

8871571728_8abafef75c_b.jpg

I was clearly brain damaged at this point because I forgot to take a picture of my nachos.  I'll have to look up what they're actually called, but basically it was the house made potato chips (yes, potato chips, not corn chips) with whatever you wanted on top from the taco/nacho counter.  Pretty yummy actually.

Now I should say that Nicole had never met Lou in person before this day. She will have to comment on the advisability of meeting Lou on 5 hours of sleep after spending 24 hours in the park.  8)

I must say she did a heck of a job explaining to Lou why MK being open for 24 hours meant we HAD to spend ALL 24 hours there!!!  What a ridiculous notion to think otherwise!  Go back to the room and nap in the middle of the day???  You've been sniffing too many diesel fumes, busman!  :rofl2:

Actually we had a very nice visit, solved all the world's problems and then POOF!  Lou raced out of the food court mumbling something about "Catch ya' on the flip side suckers! Gotta go stalk that TCD character..."

Cue the wait for the Magical Express...

8870946861_32ee5a1031_b.jpg

I figured it was only fitting that I wear my Lorna socks home after doing something this crazy.  :heartsmiley:

Also at this point any opportunity to put our feet UP was taken advantage of.

Before long it was on the bus and off to the airport.  We must have all been quite morose at this point, because there are no more pictures to share. 

It was over.

We were still alive.

We accomplished our mission +1.

We laughed ourselves silly, and even had one last hysterical laughing fit on the plane.

We had flown 1400 miles less than 48 hours ago, spent 24 hours in the MK and were now flying 1400 miles back.

Who does that?!?!

Well I'll say it again... only do something this crazy with people you adore. :heart:

Really and truly adore.  :heart: :heart:

Seriously. :heart: :heart: :heart:

...otherwise someone will get hurt.

Don't make me tell you again.

8871632642_1fa7a41e97.jpg

Still to come...

Will someone please lock that screaming princess and her entire family in the bathroom!

Holy hell why is it so flippin' cold in late May?

The final ride and saying goodbye.

OK, why on earth didn't you just hop on an AoA bus if they were empty? I know sleep deprived and all that, but riding sooner and a walk to your destination is tons better thand standing in a fume filled bus line!

Awesome report ya'll!

Walking to Pop from AoA was not an option - it was bad enough to walk from the POP bus stop to our room. I wish we had a picture of us waiting in line at the bus stop. LOL :waiting2-smiley:

That cheesecake seriously looks :barf:

I hate food coloring. 

That cheesecake really messes with your head. I had to try it after having read so many posts about it. It wasn't what I wanted it to be.

The cupcake left something to be desired. Oreos were soggy and the frosting was overly sweet. Pretty disappointing. The nachos were good though!

Mo - Excellent Post...

OK, why on earth didn't you just hop on an AoA bus if they were empty? I know sleep deprived and all that, but riding sooner and a walk to your destination is tons better thand standing in a fume filled bus line!

Awesome report ya'll!

Surely you didn't miss the part about being stabbed in the back with a barrett....

That cheesecake seriously looks :barf:

I hate food coloring. 

actually.. it was pretty good and matched the tie dye shirts i made for the trip

Walking to Pop from AoA was not an option - it was bad enough to walk from the POP bus stop to our room. I wish we had a picture of us waiting in line at the bus stop. LOL :waiting2-smiley:

See Carol... Baby was cranky and not a one of us was even thinking

Picture this almost an hour later, and very, VERY stabby...

8871566406_7d42511eae.jpg

OK, OK, I get the message, I just know personally, when my feet hurt, standing still waiting is torture for me, so I would have taken the option of hopping on the other bus and gotten there sooner.

There was a point that night when my legs would literally get spasms if I was sitting or standing still. It passed sometime around the second CoP ride but wow was it something to feel

• 4 weeks later...