Super excited about new Passholders wristband

Might be old news but super excited about these new wristbands.

Info found on https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

From FastPass+ service to the enhanced planning tools of My Disney Experience, MyMagic+ will make it easier than ever to plan, share and enjoy your next visit.Introducing Disney FastPass+ Service

Later this year we’re taking Disney FASTPASS service to the next level with FastPass+ service. For the first time ever, you’ll be able to reserve an arrival window to access FastPass+ attractions and experiences before you leave home, and make changes on the go.

You’ll be able to reserve access to even more attractions—plus shows, parades, fireworks and Character Greetings!MagicBands – These lightweight, flexible wristbands will effortlessly connect you to all the vacation plans you make using

My Disney Experience. MagicBands can be used to enter

Walt Disney World parks, access FastPass+ attractions and more. Wearing a MagicBand helps make everything super easy, so you can relax and enjoy the fun.

MagicBands will be provided to Passholders whose passes provide admission to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’ll let you know more about MagicBands in the coming months.

Jeremyseth your reaction is exactly what Disney management would like passholders to have in response to the wristbands.

But, what exactly is it about them that makes you "super excited?"

They have provided very few details about how any of this will work.

I see nothing to be super excited about.

Or even a little excited about for that matter.

Have you tried using the new ap, which has been available for a while now?  It's awful. 

TCD

I can't image being happy about having to wear the bracelet in the heat and humidity of a Florida summer.

Or when it's cooler. Does it go outside if the jacket sleeve or inside? What about adding gloves to the equation?

Sitting on Clementine Beach to watch the boat parade and fireworks and getting sand under it. Yuck.

I can see, though, that it might make those locals who use The Fort pool more visible. ( as if management will do anything about kicking them out even then.)

If WDW has an opt out, I definitely will.

Might be old news but super excited about these new wristbands.

Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy, what, you live under a rock? Oh wait, you live in Port St. Lucie, same thing.

If you do a search on FF.Net, you'll find threads that go back to when it was first announced.

Sadly, it's already in the terms that they will be in place of regular FP.

I'm assuming that's correct, but I can't find anything in the CM FP+ announcements and updates that actually says that if you opt out of FP+, that you can still only get three FPs in a day.

Actually for most normal people, which excludes you, 3 is probably the average number that people get.

Might I inquire as to where you saw those terms? And don't tell me my good buddy, Josh, posted it.

I can't imagine being happy about having to wear the bracelet in the heat and humidity of a Florida summer.

If WDW has an opt out, I definitely will.

You live in Texas where sometimes it feels like you're wearing a MagicBand over your entire body, so wearing a tiny band will be nothing for you. I don't seeing it being much different than wearing a watch.

When it was first announced, they made it clear that you don't have to use the MagicBands. You can use the RFID enabled cards.

They told me in private, that they did just for the whiners that were sure to complain about having to wear them.

I must be living under a rock. I just found about this. I was hesitant on posting thinking that it was old news. I Like Change and I Love Disney. I have the new app and like it. I think it could be improved but the more tools that I have, the better my trip will be. I just discovered this new app called "WDW Lines" still learning it but sound like it could be useful. I'm excited about the new tool (wristband) but I'm sure I need to learn a lot more about it. I dont claim to know much and I do appreciate all of your feed back.

I must be living under a rock. I just found about this. I was hesitant on posting thinking that it was old news. I Like Change and I Love Disney. I have the new app and like it. I think it could be improved but the more tools that I have, the better my trip will be. I just discovered this new app called "WDW Lines" still learning it but sound like it could be useful. I'm excited about the new tool (wristband) but I'm sure I need to learn a lot more about it. I dont claim to know much and I do appreciate all of your feed back.

The MyMagic program is being made out to be more complex than it actually is. When you break it down into the handful of components, it's fairly intuitive and will all make sense when you use it. Hey, if I can understand it, anyone can. 

Some of the pieces are in place and some are in the testing phase. 

That was a very nice answer jeremyseth, but unfortunately we were looking for "Kiss my A$$, bus driver!"

"Take a hike, schmuck face" would have also been accepted.

Many of the fiends are somewhat apprehensive of the changes coming with FastPass+ and the bracelets that accompany it, mainly because they are old codgers that can't handle change.

I, on the other hand, appreciate your addition to this sites content.  Keep it up!

I, on the other hand, appreciate your addition to this sites content.  Keep it up!

And who's kissing who's butt?.

I especially like this golden phrase. "Many of the fiends are somewhat apprehensive of the changes coming with FastPass+ and the bracelets that accompany it, mainly because they are old codgers that can't handle change."

While I am an old codger, if it weren't for having to teach myself and use some of the most complex 3d engineering and computer animation software programs ever designed, I wouldn't be where I am today, driving a bus at WDW. Hmmm, that doesn't sound right, does it.

As an APH I can't recall a day that my family used more than 3 FP. 1 if the stand by lines are long you probably are not going to get 4-5 FP and 2 if you have the ability to get more then 3 FP the lines wouldn't be that long and you could probably wait. I have learned many years ago to use my patience and take it as it comes. If we don't get on a ride we do it on the next trip. I know not all families have this luxury. Just remember you are @ the happiest place on earth. :)

As an APH I can't recall a day that my family used more than 3 FP. 1 if the stand by lines are long you probably are not going to get 4-5 FP and 2 if you have the ability to get more then 3 FP the lines wouldn't be that long and you could probably wait. I have learned many years ago to use my patience and take it as it comes. If we don't get on a ride we do it on the next trip. I know not all families have this luxury. Just remember you are @ the happiest place on earth. :)

But you've also never been in an experience where EVERY ride, character, parade, and show has FP. You know that FP slows down the standby wait, right?

And I just looked back, and I got 5 FPs in one day in the MK during Easter week. That was with a nice long break.

But you've also never been in an experience where EVERY ride, character, parade, and show has FP. You know that FP slows down the standby wait, right?

I don't see how they could FP a parade. Yes I do know that FP slows down the stand by line. I think they should limit the FP distribution and tour groups that come in the summers should be allowed only one. It really sucks when a tour group of a 100+ go through the FP line. That adds hour plus to standby lines. I guess I'm lucky my kids are past the character signing age, so I guess the new rules will not affect my family. I guess I can't speak for all but for my family it no big deal because we are there at least once a month. I would like to see WDW go back to doing an APH nite again. I have spoken to many employees at the parks and they say that WDW rolls out a red carpet for these tour groups and APH get screwed. :(

I don't see how they could FP a parade.

It has already been tested.  They just reserve an area along the parade route, and guests with FP's can show up right before the parade and find a good place to watch.  It's also been tested with Illuminations at Epcot and the MK fireworks.  Do you know that the new Fastpass readers have been installed at Carousel of Progress?  Wait, you say, there has never been a need for FP's at COP.  Well guess what?  Since they have to make a certain number of FP's available to everyone with a wristband, they plan to issue FP's to things that there has never been a need for a FP.  They figure most guests are too stupid to realize that this is no benefit at all.  They are banking on guests being super excited about having a wristband and not realizing that the old system was better.

I would like to see WDW go back to doing an APH nite again.

What is an APH night?

I have spoken to many employees at the parks and they say that WDW rolls out a red carpet for these tour groups and APH get screwed. :(

Disney is a for profit corporation. Make no mistake about that.  They know exactly how obnoxious some of those tour groups are.  So why do they allow it?

They don't just allow it- they encourage it.  For a variety of reasons, there are huge groups of South Americans with lots of money that they want to spend in America.  Your darned right Disney rolls out the red carpet for them.

They make way, way more money from a Brazilian Tour Group than they do from Joe Schmo the Annual Passholder who visits once a month.  They already made their money from Joe Schmo when he bought his annual pass.  He isn't going to get anything else.  Strike that.  Joe Schmo is going to get three FP's to put on his $.25 wristband.  He can have one for Carousel of Progress, one for Small World, and one for Hall of Presidents!  Woo Hoo!

TCD

Well I guess if this is the case I will not be renewing my passes. Living in south Florida there is a million other things to do. Maybe a boat next year. Hmmm?

Why?   I thought you didn't need more than three Fastpasses.

And, you can get a nifty wrist band.

Also, there's no telling when this new Fastpass thing is going to happen.  It could be more than a year away.

Also, I still would like to know about these APH nights you mentioned and wanted to see them bring back.  What were those?

TCD

I'm super excited about the rollout of the magic bands because, as a graphic designer, I love the packaging!   8)

I'm in the camp of people that probably don't usually get 3 FPs in a week, BUT... we go during slower times of the year and stay long enough that we can be very flexible and casual about our time in the parks.