• 3 weeks later...

I usually send in the fax about 5 days out, then about 24 hours before arrival, I do online checkin.  By this time the site assigner has done their work, and all I'm doing is adding the credit card to my reservation. This way human eyes don't see my credit card. Less chance of the number being seen.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked through AAA and had them request the 1300 loop. should I fax it as well? Also if you do online check in does it tell you your site at that time? how early can you do on line check in? we will be checking in Sat Aug 10. Also is this a rough day to try and get my site early? We will probably be there around 11-12 as we will be spending the night somewhere in Jacksonville or southern ga. Thanks.

Both times we got the site we'd requested and our check-in time was a whopping 5 minutes.  

You can request a specific site?  What site do you request & why? I'm wondering if it's too late for me to do so..

Requesting a specific does not guarantee you will get it.  Sometimes we do and sometimes we don"t.  Biggest problem we have had is being assigned a site too far from the comfort stations or one that our RV and trailer will not fit in.  So I get to the assigned site, call and tell them we won't fit there and they usually tell us to locate one we will fit in and if it is empty they will re assign us to that one.

We always note that we havd children in wheel chairs so we need to be near the comfort station/laundry and bus stops.

They are usually good at working with us.   Good luck and God Bless. :mh1:

We request sites based on location - which for us usually revolves around the dogs and being close to the dog walk/park.

As Judy said, loop/site requests are not guaranteed and how likely you are to get your request may depend on how specific you are and how busy the day you check-in is.  Some think that you're best bet is to request what you're looking for in a site/loop vs something very specific, such as...

close to comfort station

near bus stop

etc.

More info on loop/site requests here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loopsite-requests-r125