Mock Potato Salad - Low Carb

Cut up a head of cauliflower and dice as you would the potatoes.

Boil the cauliflower about 3 minutes until slightly crunchy and then run under cold water to stop the cooking.  Drain.

Add whatever you normally put in your potato salad.  I use salt, pepper, onions, celery, diced hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise, sugar-free relish, Dijon mustard, and sliced green olives.

Stir all together and let sit in the fridge for 24 hours before serving.

Delicious!  IMHO better than potato salad because it has a better consistency. 

Cut up a head of cauliflower and dice as you would the potatoes.

Boil the cauliflower about 3 minutes until slightly crunchy and then run under cold water to stop the cooking.  Drain.

Add whatever you normally put in your potato salad.  I use salt, pepper, onions, celery, diced hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise, sugar-free relish, Dijon mustard, and sliced green olives.

Stir all together and let sit in the fridge for 24 hours before serving.

Delicious!  IMHO better than potato salad because it has a better consistency. 

I like to try all kinds of new recipes but there are a few ingredients I absolutely can not stand. Cauliflower is a big one. I have tried it a few times in a few different way and they all SMB to me for some reason. I'll stick with my gram's recipe for Potato salad. 

p.s. I whole heartedly love the idea of the low carb recipes. While I am not a low carb person myself I have gotten some tasty recipes that were low carb so keep em coming!

I understand.  I have a textural issue with lots of foods.  Like overcooked asparagus.  :barf:

I hate overcooked asparagus. My MIL thinks all veggies should be put on the stove in water when she startes cooking and left there cooking till dinner is ready. This usually mean grey, nasty, mushy veggies at MIL's for dinner. I really dread dinners at their house. 

I can't deal with asparagus "side effect" blech. I do love it grilled just not so much the lovely side effect.

The Amish Mart by us makes a caloflower broccoli salad that is really good but I'm pretty sure it involves a hefty amount of sugar in the dressing.

I've made a cooked cauliflower salad a couple times that was pretty good.

I cooked the cauliflower until pretty soft and drained it. I added hard boiled egg, a handful of frozen peas (the hot cauliflower will thaw them), a bit of onion, and Marzetti coleslaw dressing (it's quite good as a quick potato salad dressing, too). Refrigerate a couple hours till it's cold.

• 3 weeks later...

I love cauliflower and asparagus. 

I've done mock mashed potatoes before with cauliflower.  It was ok...certainly not a replacement for real mashies, but acceptable. 

The key is dairy and seasoning.

Add enough cream cheese, sour cream and butter (plus salt & pepper) and you'll be saying "potatoes?  what potatoes?"

I've done them with an assortment of seasonings tossed in too.

Chive/onion is good, but so is curry, cracked red pepper, garlic...