Yellowstone......

A one installment TR!?  Wow! Great job! Sorry about the camper woes but glad you still had a great time. 

Yep, I am a quiet person so I got this report out of the way quickly. It is also a result of leaving the good SLR camera at home so the pictures to choose from are limited. There was a lot more to the trip but I would rather not bore everyone with the small details. 

Wow.  Like others have said, this is a dream trip for me.

My husband and 2 sons just returned from a week at Yellowstone with their Scout Troop.  They took some incredible photos and have memories to last a lifetime.

My two pennies on the truck camper is to unload it.  A friend had the very same truck you drive, even the color was the same, and they had a truck camper.  The transmission blew on a trip out West from FL because of the camper.  Of course, he also towed a boat at times here in FL - not for long distance trips - but still, he said he's never doing another truck camper.  

TCD thank you so much for bringing up the double rainbow and accompanying video.  Not.

Yep, I am a quiet person so I got this report out of the way quickly. It is also a result of leaving the good SLR camera at home so the pictures to choose from are limited. There was a lot more to the trip but I would rather not bore everyone with the small details. 

You packed a lot into that one post!  Thank you for sharing.  I like it because I have been trying to get caught up on TR's this past couple of weeks and feel like my tires are spinning.  Yours made me feel like I'm getting somewhere finally!

You have met us right?   There are no small details.  ;D

You know why shushing her is funny...right?

Downright funny.  :))

Wow.  Like others have said, this is a dream trip for me.

My husband and 2 sons just returned from a week at Yellowstone with their Scout Troop.  They took some incredible photos and have memories to last a lifetime.

My two pennies on the truck camper is to unload it.  A friend had the very same truck you drive, even the color was the same, and they had a truck camper.  The transmission blew on a trip out West from FL because of the camper.  Of course, he also towed a boat at times here in FL - not for long distance trips - but still, he said he's never doing another truck camper.  

TCD thank you so much for bringing up the double rainbow and accompanying video.  Not.

I might like to PM you or your husband and ask about how the scout trip went out there - we were just "brainstorming" about considering one for our troop in a couple of years when the kids are a little bigger and can hike the Tetons.

Specularious - sorry about the truck problems, but a bad day in Yellowstone is still better than a good day at work.  Great trip report,

I might like to PM you or your husband and ask about how the scout trip went out there - we were just "brainstorming" about considering one for our troop in a couple of years when the kids are a little bigger and can hike the Tetons.

Specularious - sorry about the truck problems, but a bad day in Yellowstone is still better than a good day at work.  Great trip report,

Dan, I can get you in touch w/ him if and when you'd like to discuss Loll.  I can tell you that my youngest turned 11 while there and completed the 20 mile hike that the camp is famous for.  And he is on the small side too.  They did 10 mile conditioning hikes in the months prior to going, as well as other training.  

I was reluctant to have them go, it was so far and my little guy's just a first year Scout.  That is a huge trip for his first summer camp!  Some of our troop went to GA instead because they didn't want to invest so much (it wasn't cheap, even with fundraisers).  In the end we decided it was an opportunity that may not come up again, and we're glad we did it.

Specularius, sorry for the hijack.  Very cool now and then photos of you and Shardi.  Have you guys ever been to Yosemite?

Here is a photo of my boys on their trip:

c3c82f37-41fe-4ff0-9176-6cd7a729c555.jpg

Dan, I can get you in touch w/ him if and when you'd like to discuss Loll.  I can tell you that my youngest turned 11 while there and completed the 20 mile hike that the camp is famous for.  And he is on the small side too.  They did 10 mile conditioning hikes in the months prior to going, as well as other training.  

I was reluctant to have them go, it was so far and my little guy's just a first year Scout.  That is a huge trip for his first summer camp!  Some of our troop went to GA instead because they didn't want to invest so much (it wasn't cheap, even with fundraisers).  In the end we decided it was an opportunity that may not come up again, and we're glad we did it.

Specularius, sorry for the hijack.  Very cool now and then photos of you and Shardi.  Have you guys ever been to Yosemite?

Here is a photo of my boys on their trip:

c3c82f37-41fe-4ff0-9176-6cd7a729c555.jpg

That is an awesome photo!

Also, I like your husband's hat.

TCD

Go ahead with the hijack all you want. 

Yes, we have been to Yosemite. Only spent one day there. Don't know that I want to go back. I liked Yellowstone so much more.

I'd like to go back to Mariposa Grove…  I think I do.  Problem is, once we're there and realize Nope, we really didn't want to come back… it's too late eh.